Aston Villa (A) | PL | Post Match Thread

The problem is the team are not creating enough good chances for him, IMO, and we are not attempting enough through balls.
He's missed the most 'big chances' in the league by a wide margin and is underperforming his xG as it stands. He's getting plenty of good chances.

I agree we should try playing it through to him more but I feel like he's almost stopped making those runs. Although, probably due to a lack of them ever coming.

I think that’s our biggest problem.
Rodri is by far our most important player and we always struggle without him.
It’s incredibly difficult to find an alternative to him but that has to be our priority.
Nunes and Kova are excellent players but not able to do his job, nor is Stones.
Another issue for me is LB. Ake is better than Guardiol for me but I guess Pep needs to justify the outlay for Josko. I would v much like to see him play at CB with Ake at LB.
The elephant in the room is Dias. His form has been well below his norm and I think he needs a rest. Love the guy but there’s definitely something not right with him atm.

I think that’s our biggest problem.
Rodri is by far our most important player and we always struggle without him.
It’s incredibly difficult to find an alternative to him but that has to be our priority.
Nunes and Kova are excellent players but not able to do his job, nor is Stones.
Another issue for me is LB. Ake is better than Guardiol for me but I guess Pep needs to justify the outlay for Josko. I would v much like to see him play at CB with Ake at LB.
The elephant in the room is Dias. His form has been well below his norm and I think he needs a rest. Love the guy but there’s definitely something not right with him atm.
'Nuna and Kova are excellent players" ..Not sure how you arrive at that conclusion.

'Nuna and Kova are excellent players" ..Not sure how you arrive at that conclusion.

They don't look anywhere near good enough even when I wear my bluest tinted glasses.

If he thinks they're "excellent players", I'd love to hear what the bloke thought of Gundogan and Fernandinho.

We are Manchester City the BEST TEAM IN THE LAND AND ALL THE WORLD and we’ll be fine and normal service will be resumed very soon.

I do wonder how some people would have coped in the really bad days of yore though. ;-) We’ve been down and we’ll be back up.
What Eccles ?, Granada land or the second division ;-)

We need to go back to basics. There are teams playing "Peps Way" way better than we and there are too many players getting caught or making the wrong choices.

It'd been glorious to watch, but we don't have the personal to pull it off at the moment.

Let's trying something different; like knocking it long and picking up 2nd ball, actually trying to play Haaland through when he's made his umpteenth run behind the line and crossing the fucking ball instead of turning back (that was so frustrating by Kova in the last minute)

Not "Peps Way" but at least we'll become less predictable.

Full faith we'll turn this around, but some resetting and tactical thought are needed.

CTID.

Kovacic had to turn back because he has no left foot.

They don't look anywhere near good enough even when I wear my bluest tinted glasses.

If he thinks they're "excellent players", I'd love to hear what the bloke thought of Gundogan and Fernandinho.
2 players some thought weren't good enough when they first arrived you mean ?

Unfortunately i do not envisage Villa playing at the same level against the Goons , great teams do it week in week out and Villa are not a great team , it was a one-off performance and the celebrations by by their fans and players looked like they were in dreamland.
If Villa can play to the same level against the Goons then they could be considered challengers but they have just come back off a lucky last minute draw at Bournemouth , Emery is a decent manager and they could get top four but i wouldnt be surprised if the Goons beat them this weekend.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.