Aston Villa (A) | PL | Post Match Thread

We have changed the way we play to suit Haaland. When he is playing well and taking his chances we’re all happy. This year he’s missing plenty and good teams know how to starve him.
When we had Mahrez, KDB, Bernado, Jesus, Sterling, Gundogan and Foden to choose from alongside Rodri we had plenty of goals and options with a fluid, irrepressible but consistent style of play.,
EH is not skilful, agile or mobile enough to play that same style. Alvarez is.
Pep has the dilemma of having the finest finisher in world football who does not suit his ideal of “a team of 10 midfielders “
Haaland did more than Alvarez last night. And a darn sight harder to knock off the ball.

In quite a few peoples opinions. Myself I long ago learned not to jump to conclusions based on 10 or less games, because Pep improves most players. I’ll wait and see.

Let's face it, that's what we've all got to do! ;-)

Let's hope he gives them a chance to play in their 'natural' positions rather than shoehorn them into fullbacks ir wingers.

We have changed the way we play to suit Haaland. When he is playing well and taking his chances we’re all happy. This year he’s missing plenty and good teams know how to starve him.
When we had Mahrez, KDB, Bernado, Jesus, Sterling, Gundogan and Foden to choose from alongside Rodri we had plenty of goals and options with a fluid, irrepressible but consistent style of play.,
EH is not skilful, agile or mobile enough to play that same style. Alvarez is.
Pep has the dilemma of having the finest finisher in world football who does not suit his ideal of “a team of 10 midfielders “
The change in style from last season and plenty when we had Sergio is playing a 2nd forward as a 10 who’s nowhere near the level we need(KDB) to play there. That’s nothing to do with Haaland

Reactions: Vic
Let’s be objective, difficult as it can be on this forum!
Against the dippers, chelsea and spurs we were by far the better team and did more than enough to win. Luck was most definitely against us in those games. We dominated the ball and had the upper hand.
Last night we came up against a team full of running and confidence on a great run of form. Bailey was virtually unplayable whereas he’s been poor every other time I’ve seen him. The crowd were super up for it and hugely intimidating. We were missing key players and (dare I say it) were tactically not set up to deal with their midfield.
For me last night was our only truly poor performance this season. It’s a blip and the evidence is that we bounce back when needed.
Talks of a crisis are truly unfounded.
Have some faith fellow blues.
We are still the team to beat.
Ake would have pocketed that motherfucker...

Just hope you play as well on Saturday then, no point taking the scalp of us then blowing it v them tossers Saturday
Maybe, but games like last night do take it out of you. As for no point blowing it, I disagree. We aren't title contenders, we're a top 6/7 side potentially knocking on the door of top 4 but that's about it. Anything v you or the goons is a bonus.
You got a fantastic top class manager mate and villa looked like a well drilled team . Some times we just have to hold our hand and say the other team wanted more .
Thanks, and I agree. Outside of Pep & Klopp I genuinely believe we have the best manager around. He's superb and we are very very fortunate to have him. 9 of those players last night were playing under Gerrard, a few were playing a few years ago when you beat us 6 at VP and we couldn't even get the ball off you. The transformation under him as a manager is frightening and it peaked last night. I hope it hasn't taken too much out of us for Saturday.

As a neutral looking in I do feel there's a bit of an over panic on here. I looked at your fixtures earlier and you have some very winnable games going forward (every game is winnable for city but you get my point). As long as you're in the mix then you'll eventually go on a run when it matters - you always do. I spent last night talking about who you didn't have (Rodri etc) without even realising that you have De Bruyne sitting on the sidelines.

Maybe, but games like last night do take it out of you. As for no point blowing it, I disagree. We aren't title contenders, we're a top 6/7 side potentially knocking on the door of top 4 but that's about it. Anything v you or the goons is a bonus.

Thanks, and I agree. Outside of Pep & Klopp I genuinely believe we have the best manager around. He's superb and we are very very fortunate to have him. 9 of those players last night were playing under Gerrard, a few were playing a few years ago when you beat us 6 at VP and we couldn't even get the ball off you. The transformation under him as a manager is frightening and it peaked last night. I hope it hasn't taken too much out of us for Saturday.

As a neutral looking in I do feel there's a bit of an over panic on here. I looked at your fixtures earlier and you have some very winnable games going forward (every game is winnable for city but you get my point). As long as you're in the mix then you'll eventually go on a run when it matters - you always do. I spent last night talking about who you didn't have (Rodri etc) without even realising that you have De Bruyne sitting on the sidelines.

No point blowing it, as it will be a waste of time, so don’t play the we aren’t title / top 4 contender bullshit neither

Never understood the Nunes transfer. Seemed a good technical player but when you looked at his goal involvements at wolves it was stuff all, even for a holding midfielder. Paqueta made sense but to switch to Nunes when that fell through made no sense whatsoever.
Bizarre transfer that one. He looked like a little lost lamb last night when he came on and got the ball in the box.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.