Aston Villa (A) | PL | Post Match Thread

We have changed the way we play to suit Haaland. When he is playing well and taking his chances we’re all happy. This year he’s missing plenty and good teams know how to starve him.
When we had Mahrez, KDB, Bernado, Jesus, Sterling, Gundogan and Foden to choose from alongside Rodri we had plenty of goals and options with a fluid, irrepressible but consistent style of play.,
EH is not skilful, agile or mobile enough to play that same style. Alvarez is.
Pep has the dilemma of having the finest finisher in world football who does not suit his ideal of “a team of 10 midfielders “
We need to rotate him out once in a while, he's not ALWAYS the answer.

Records are fine, and I'm sure he wants them all, but sometimes we suffer a bit from having him in the team. We become a little bit one dimensional when we do try to play him in, as it often just turns into a muscle fight that the refs won't let him compete in, let alone win; and we can't play the false #9 pass-pass-pass with him as we're sort of a man short to do it.

Goal from nothing -vs- starved of any service for 90mins (?) It's a dilemma.

Injuries aside, as that's a factor at the minute though.

Watched the match on a live stream and the commentary was by our old friend Tyler and in fairness he was nothing like the **** he was on Sky sports and never mentioned the rags which again was a massive surprise considering he always felt he had to shoe the rags in or was he ordered to.

It was a shocker no doubt, I am a positive person and an optimist generally, but there’s no glossing over that performance

Teams are going to try that bit harder against us, we are the treble winners and a major scalp, it’s to be expected so we need to up our game as well, I am hoping that last night will have been a cathartic game, and the players and manager need a rocket

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.