Aston Villa (A) | PL | Post Match Thread

Maybe, but games like last night do take it out of you. As for no point blowing it, I disagree. We aren't title contenders, we're a top 6/7 side potentially knocking on the door of top 4 but that's about it. Anything v you or the goons is a bonus.

Thanks, and I agree. Outside of Pep & Klopp I genuinely believe we have the best manager around. He's superb and we are very very fortunate to have him. 9 of those players last night were playing under Gerrard, a few were playing a few years ago when you beat us 6 at VP and we couldn't even get the ball off you. The transformation under him as a manager is frightening and it peaked last night. I hope it hasn't taken too much out of us for Saturday.

As a neutral looking in I do feel there's a bit of an over panic on here. I looked at your fixtures earlier and you have some very winnable games going forward (every game is winnable for city but you get my point). As long as you're in the mix then you'll eventually go on a run when it matters - you always do. I spent last night talking about who you didn't have (Rodri etc) without even realising that you have De Bruyne sitting on the sidelines.
Teams like villa who pressed us for 90 plus minutes usually drops points next game. Bailey got literally burnt out at the end , will be bit surprised if he can start against gooners.

Panic here ? nah we only do Panick here ;) just that your team caught us at wrong time.

Teams like villa who pressed us for 90 plus minutes usually drops points next game. Bailey got literally burnt out at the end , will be bit surprised if he can start against gooners.

Panic here ? nah we only do Panick here ;) just that your team caught us at wrong time.

No surprise after Spurs turned up and put a performance in at the Etihad they go and lose to West Ham. Will be interesting to see if they can do what they did Wednesday to Arsenal on Saturday.

Anything we get from KDB will be a bonus, huge injury to get over at 33 and for a man with a catalogue of major injuries.

Personally I think he will be gone in the summer.
Im hoping KDB and pep are cooking up some masterplan to redefine his role so the best player ever to pull on the shirt can see out his last years with us with less stress on his aging body

It was a shocker no doubt, I am a positive person and an optimist generally, but there’s no glossing over that performance

Teams are going to try that bit harder against us, we are the treble winners and a major scalp, it’s to be expected so we need to up our game as well, I am hoping that last night will have been a cathartic game, and the players and manager need a rocket
Never seen us so bad under Pep, even worse than Soton away in the cup last season

Aston Villa are the best team we have played this season. I think they could very will win the league. Defensively they were solid and four of their midfield players Bailey McGinn, Luis and Tielemans were sensational. There was a reason we wanted the last two.
Yes we were abject, but we were abject for a reason - quite simply Villa were brilliant.
Draw against Bournemouth, lost at Forest, and let’s see how they do against Arteta. We were just absolutely awful, think anyone could have beat us that night.

This is very much an extended blip by City's recent standards. Chelsea have been quite shite for most of the season to date yet we conceded the lead three times, Liverpool didn't look that good but we only drew and again conceded the lead. Spurs should have been dead and buried but we conceded the lead twice. At Villa we were just abysmal after the first fifteen minutes. - So much for the "we'll bounce back next game" I read on here after every draw or defeat.
I get that other teams will raise their game against us, but last season (and the season before) we were reigning champions so where were the game-raising opponents as were retained the title (2021-22) and then won the treble?
Poor recruitment is certainly a contributing factor but I think we are also suffering from the disruption caused by the Covid seasons (2019-20 and 2020-21) and WC2022 being held halfway through last season. It seems like it's all catching up with us.
I've not written off the title, but I'm less optimistic about becoming the first team to win four in a row. I'll settle for winning the CL at Wembley, at least that venue means those who couldn't afford Istanbul will be able to endure UEFA's strange ticket application system.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.