Aston Villa (A) | PL | Post Match Thread

The club has let Gundogan leave and brought in absolute shite so we rely too heavily on him.

Phillips, Kovacic and Nunes are terrible.

No idea what the club were thinking with those buys. And the sad thing is that we're stuck with them.

Why buy Gvardiol for left back? Why not buy an actual left back?
I'm sure Pep thinks he'll get more recognition for winning titles without a recognised left back.
Pep this is England mate this media will never give you any recognition for anything

A big problem is whatever the fuck we promised Kyle Walker to get him to change his mind about going to Bayern. He is killing us as he’s not good enough in build up and utterly dreadful in terms of attacking output yet is being asked to be a large part of our output. It’s like we offered him the world just to stay but it’s completely holding us back. He needs to be on the bench.

Only my opinion but I think the treble win though obviously siesmic in our history and will be there forever more in the record books has blindsided the club to a certain extent.

The simple fact is that the quality of the players that have left have not been replaced, during the summer.

I've accepted this is a transitional year, and we may still end up winning the league once KDB returns.

We are always shit Nov/Dec lets beat Luton and Palace and then we can all have a rest for a few weeks.

But there's no papering over the cracks tonight we were totally outplayed and but for Eddy it could have been a lot worse.

Look a million miles away from being a title winning team

Guess there is a reason teams don't win the title 4 times in a row

Worst we’ve played for several years.

There’s been a clear lethargy and malaise the last few games but tonight was worryingly abject.

I told you all Kovacic and Nunes were shit before we even bought them.

Kovacic is that poor he literally refuses to use his left foot under any circumstances.

I have no idea what Nunes is. He certainly isn’t a Manchester City midfielder.

We need Kev back asap and we need Rodri to stop being a dick and getting himself suspended.

Agree with all you say. Just wondering whether we should focus on retaining the CL with a fit team rather than go all out for the PL ? I know things can change in 2024 so who knows.
You could be right , looking at the competition fo the title it is going to be a tough ask to make it four on the spin , where as we only need seven good games to win another Champs league

Alvarez like Haaland are NOT foitballers..instinct finisher is Alvarez and a headless chicken..keep going on, but Kane oooh for Kane literally 10 x the player Haaland will ever be. We scored more in 5 of the 6 years before Haaland arrived. This focus has msde us a poorer team
We won the treble but honestly. We would have without Haaland. Stars showed this to be the case.
I would've loved Kane in this team

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.