Aston Villa (A) | PL | Post Match Thread

We're in a slump and we're low on confidence so it's not the end of the world to lose to a decent Villa side riding the crest of a wave.

The worrying thing for me though was how many times Villa emerged from 50 50s 40 60s even 30 70s with the ball. Foden, Alvarez, Rico and Akanji were probably the worst culprits.

No need for panic stations, all we have to do is win two on the bounce and it'll be the rest of the league panicking.

Long way to go yet.

Shit show tonight from start to finish. Players playing all over the place, 3 points in 4 games and let's be honest we just are not the same team.

Yes, I get it, we've had bad patches in successful seasons but the difference for me this year is the personnel. The replacements just aren't up to it (yet, might take a season and they transform a la rodri, Mahrez etc) we don't have players coming through that will "kick on" and the "losing when rodri doesn't play" trend is quite frankly not good enough - how can we quite obviously be 100% on one (albeit majestic) player?

We won't be winning anything this year imo, and that's the way it is - you can't win everything every year, that's elite sport at the end of the day.

Pains me but top 3 is now the immediate, realistic aim and address the squad issues for next season. Whatever happens past that would be a bonus.

Not negative, not complaining, not demanding answers - just how I see it at the moment.

I'm sure Pep thinks he'll get more recognition for winning titles without a recognised left back.
Pep this is England mate this media will never give you any recognition for anything

I also think the club think they'll get more praise by being net spend champions.

They need to realise that the club will never get praise in this country.

Oh well can’t win every game but you’d like to at least see a half decent performance tonight was pathetic,villa showed more desire and determination and deserved the win,we have unfortunately signed a few players who just aren’t good enough for what we want to achieve and that’s winning trophies..
Dont seem to win any these days

Pep has to go back to basics stop trying to convert Akanji to Kimmich he’s not capable Kyle Walker is poor the number of goals he’s been culpable of this season, he still believes he’s Usian Bolt in blue, i wanted him to go to Bayern and hes not a captain. Gvardiol is not a fullback and again has been culpable But it’s all down to Pep The summer transfer window was a disaster losing key players and not replacing them, profits are massive we have war chest and it was time to show it Go out get the players to come in and be instant hit we were thw bwsr team in
the world would our signing quailify for that. We dont need projects Rico and Oscar are that Injuries ans tiredness cant be discounted of course but Pep likea a small squad now we see the consequencies Final point wjatbthw fuxk is Kalvin Phillips still doing at the club????
I agree with every single thing you've said!!!! Every fucking point!!

Kills us against the better sides. Throw in the fact that Rico is playing as the other 8 and Rodri not playing at all and we're cooked...
Rico gets thrown in against Arsenal and Villa away.

Tonight he thought he’d be awesome with Stones, Akanji and Alvarez in midfield too.

Is Pep bored and just saying fuck it and see what happens?!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.