Aston Villa (A) | PL | Post Match Thread

A big problem is whatever the fuck we promised Kyle Walker to get him to change his mind about going to Bayern. He is killing us as he’s not good enough in build up and utterly dreadful in terms of attacking output yet is being asked to be a large part of our output. It’s like we offered him the world just to stay but it’s completely holding us back.
I reckon he spiked Pep at their cosy meal

Pep has to go back to basics stop trying to convert Akanji to Kimmich he’s not capable Kyle Walker is poor the number of goals he’s been culpable of this season, he still believes he’s Usian Bolt in blue, i wanted him to go to Bayern and hes not a captain. Gvardiol is not a fullback and again has been culpable But it’s all down to Pep The summer transfer window was a disaster losing key players and not replacing them, profits are massive we have war chest and it was time to show it Go out get the players to come in and be instant hit we were the best team in the world, would our signing quailify for that? We dont need projects Rico and Oscar are that Injuries and tiredness cant be discounted, of course but Pep likes a small squad now we see the consequencies Final point what the fuck is Kalvin Phillips still doing at the club????

It’s not Corradi and Samaras, but it only works against poorer sides. (Or it does in my opinion anyway)
Kills us against the better sides. Throw in the fact that Rico is playing as the other 8 and Rodri not playing at all and we're cooked...

It's hard to know where the blame lies. Defence, midfield and up front have been poor over the last few matches. Big Erl hasn't been firing on all cylinders. He was bought to make the difference in these games. You would have to say his misses over the last few games have cost us, although he alone is not the problem. We need to get back to basics and take care of possession. We need to work together as a team. When we have possession, give options. When out of possession we need to put a shift in. We have few creative options if those on the pitch aren't doing it. We miss Gundo, Mahrez and KDB. However, all is not lost. We need to hang in and hopefully Pep will work his magic. We have been blessed for the last lot of years, so we can't be too harsh on this team. C'mon City!

What was the thinking in letting go

Gundo, Laporte, Mahrez, Palmer to bring in Nunez, fuckinell.

Philips should have been sold and at least 2 of those that were let go retained.

Worst window by a mile in about 10 years.
All the players apart from Laporte chose, for different reasons, to go.

Gundo, Mahrez and Palmer are all players I’ve seen get plenty of slating over the years on here.

People rewrite history and get facts wrong all the time, including spelling player names FFS.

Gundo is a very big miss at the moment because Stones, KDB and Rodri have missed a lot of games. Stones was back but he is like a player Starting the season without a pre-season.

I’d rather have Riyad than Nunes or Palmer but his replacement is Doku and he has lots of potential. It’s central midfield though were we have been short so not having Gundo has been a much bigger problem than it otherwise would be.

If Grealish, Doku, KDB and Rodri had started that game, it would have been different but they weren’t available. Hopefully, they will all be back before too long and our new players will bed in.

We have made things difficult for ourselves now but there is along way to go and a transfer window round the corner where City must buy.

Worst we’ve played for several years.

There’s been a clear lethargy and malaise the last few games but tonight was worryingly abject.

I told you all Kovacic and Nunes were shit before we even bought them.

Kovacic is that poor he literally refuses to use his left foot under any circumstances.

I have no idea what Nunes is. He certainly isn’t a Manchester City midfielder.

We need Kev back asap and we need Rodri to stop being a dick and getting himself suspended.
We also need Pep to step up and sort this shit out, a lot of it is on him too.

No chance we'll sign anybody in Jan

ITS A MUST

We are in danger of falling right off with the squad we have and then asking them to go again after the Fifa Club World Cup tournament, Even having KDB back will not be enough and the Midfield is short of world-class talent to call on, Then the defence is all over the place and not having a left back is killing us

Not replacing Fernandinho and Gundogan is finally catching up to us

Feel for the players tonight because it's not their fault the squad balance is completely off. Desperately need to bring in another quality midfielder because there's no way Rodri being absent should make us fall apart like that

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.