Aston Villa (A) | PL | Post Match Thread

Of course. Very fragile defensively, just like last season before January.
We've conceded a lot more. We only conceded 3 in a game twice last season, the first the 3-3 at Newcastle early season, and the second against the rags in the 6-3 when the game was over.

After the rag game we played 14 games before January and conceded 10 goals, we've already conceded 12 in the last 7 games alone. So more conceded in half the games, it's genuinely not like last season.

We really haven’t played well all season and the result was not a surprise…..no control mainly to do with playing two up top….and we have far less technical players than a couple of seasons ago which shows because we no longer dominate possession like we have always done in the past.

Today there was hardly any press and with the amount of tackles we lost we did not deserve anything from the game…..really no excuse for this and the main culprits were Alvarez, Akanji (who although brilliant last season now seems to think he is the new Franz Beckenbaeur), Walker and Foden who is starting to show shades of Rashford I’m afraid !…..he’s no longer a youngster and is no better now than 2 years ago…he’s approaching the age that Silva and Aguero were when they first signed for City.

We have had three great seasons but I’m afraid the team requires a rebuild….easy with hindsight but Nunes and Kovacic are a downgrade on what we let go……..and we definitely dropped a ricket with Palmer.

In Pep we trust….but it doesn’t mean he gets everything right and although Grealish Rodri and 33 year old De Bruyne would have definitely improved the team tonight….its going to take some turnaround to make the current squad anything near title challengers.

And Geoff Thomas
I deliberately left him out as he always gets the worst player in an England shirt tag.. worst player to play 10 + for England..? Sinton..up there...did Vassell play 10? Joe Cole tbf...I mean he had 20 mins once where he was decent but..

just a moan but the linesman flagged every offside city had in first half and didnt let move play out
in second half a villa player think Bailey was well off side no flag moved played on and fell apart but that one move gave villa momentum and pressure on our back line for about 10 minutes
surely if flagging one way it works for both teams it wasnt even close and dont get me started on the foul " take it on the chin and move on "

Their goal was lucky.
You shoot on goal, you may get a lucky deflection ?
If you don't shoot, as City did not tonight, you obviously cannot score.
Think it was the least threatening City have been for several seasons ?
Villa were full of energy, enterprise and often dangerous.
City were not, in my opinion...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.