Aston Villa (A) | Post-Match Thread

Great performance tonight.

After the very early setback, we gradually took control of the game and ended up dominating it again.

The goals were both beautifully made and taken. The ball from Eddie for the first was wonderful and what followed was out of the top drawer. Foden's skill to set up the corner, which led to the second, was phenomenal.

John Stones' sending off was easily avoidable. It was a stupid and unnecessary challenge, but at least Villa's numerical advantage didn’t last long and Cash was even stupider than Big John, receiving a second yellow only three minutes after his first.

A very big win after a couple of bad results and a couple of bad days, which will shut down any talk from rag twats, who have been talking about a reverse of 2011/12.

Fuck off back into your box!

I commented during the game that it seemed to me he wasn’t actually refereeing the game and had someone talking in his ear telling him what to do. He was late with a few calls, including the original yellow for Stones. It looked liked he was told to give him a card as it hasn’t occurred to him.

I also understand the VAR has never refereed a Premier League. Two rookies in one game is a little bizarre
very strange you should bring this up,the guy was def being briefed up during the game

Stones isn't the only one. It was just his turn tonight to have the brainfart. We haven't got a single defender from the back four and Eddie who can't come out with summat similar where the simple, thoughtful option is avoided.
The entire back line seems to of regressed over the last month, silly mistakes creeping in and a real lack of concentration, Zinny has played really well apart from the first 5 minutes of every half he plays, Cancelo has gone back to 2019 Cancelo, brain farts in abundance from KW & JS and Rubens invincibility seems to of gone, Eddie has come across as rash & a bit flappy, I’m putting most of it down to rotation & I’m hoping Pep now settles on a back four and builds a similar momentum to 6 weeks ago

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.