Aston Villa (A) | Post-Match Thread

He said Stones red was a yellow and for 25 minutes after they scored they couldn't get near us, our passing and movement was magnificent. McGinn has said we were a nightmare to play against and the best team they've faced.

It was very refreshing to read and a credit to them for saying it. We had to win tonight and to do it we had to dig very deep. Excellent stuff

Our game management in the second half was excellent we never gave Villa a sniff , our front players worked tirelessly closing down Villa and never gave an inch ,as proud of that performance as any this season. It was a potential banana skin and we came through it with relative ease. This team is pure class and they have spirit and tenacity in abundance, after all the shite that has gone on this week it reminds us of how lucky we are to support this club with this squad and manager. Superb.

Yes, I clocked it too. I hate it when that happens. Something a bit similar happened against Dortmund. Just before we scored the second KDB picked the ball up deep, dropped his shoulder, weaved in and out of several players and hit the keeper. It would have been a wonder goal and because of a few inches it is lost forever.

Great user name by the way. Doubt there are many other fans on here!
It’s frustrating when things like that aren’t highlighted but I’m used to it.

Amazing how much I was shitting it through that game, basically pacing the living room for the full 90, yet when you look back villa had basically zero chances after the 5th minute and according to them we "schooled" them. *Greavsie accent* football, it's a funny old game

Champions material.

When Foden first came on the scene I said on here he is going to be the best player on the planet.

I'm definitely going to be right.

What
A
Player
You are definitely right.

Pep got a lot of shit from some for using him sparingly.

I think Pep did exactly the right thing.

Over the last couple of years he has not only matured in to a seriously good football player,but also filled out from a teenager, in to a powerful young man.

You try and brake youngsters in to early their career,can end over before it has begun.

Not only us City fans are excited about Phil.Anyone who knows anything about football can see he is not only going to be a future City captain,but also England Captain. And he is still only 20 years old. Absolute joy to watch.Not been this excited about a player since Georgi Kinkladze.

Noticed that myself a number of times blowing up late then awarding freekicks also kept putting his hand up to ear piece as if as you say being briefed,he was poor for me the ref looked like a non league ref threw in last minute to do the game ..
Does it matter as long as the correct decision is made?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.