Aston Villa (A) | Post-Match Thread

Not sure if it's been mentioned yet. But there was a moment when Walker kept the ball in (play) 'in extremis' with a sort of back heel that was followed by one of those 50-pass moves resulting in that chance that Mahrez crossed towards Foden. Credit to the Villa defender who got back and conceded a corner. If he hadn't, Foden would have had a tap-in. And we would be talking about one of the great team goals of all time. As it was, the TV team didn't bother to comment on it. And it will be forgotten forever.
Yes, I clocked it too. I hate it when that happens. Something a bit similar happened against Dortmund. Just before we scored the second KDB picked the ball up deep, dropped his shoulder, weaved in and out of several players and hit the keeper. It would have been a wonder goal and because of a few inches it is lost forever.

Great user name by the way. Doubt there are many other fans on here!

Get In! Well played CITY!
That was a big win, especially after Stones got sent off.
We were very comfortable after they went down to 10 men, i'd be fuming if one of our players lost it like that, but anyway....a performance of Champions!

'City schooled us'​

FT: Aston Villa 1-2 Man City
f6ea3c69-98f2-4657-9128-35fca1ac6b38.jpg

Aston Villa
Aston Villa boss Dean Smith, speaking to BBC MOTD:

"Some of Manchester City's play was outstanding. They schooled us at times."

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.