Aston Villa (A) | Post-Match Thread

Brilliant game management in the second half to keep the ball as well as we di

Thought Stones was unlucky for the red card but it’s the way the game has gone now with no tackles allowed

This game showed why it was the right decision to pull the Super league.. summed up everything that is great in the PL

decent boss is Dean also said he thought stones tackle was a yellow
Haha makes me laugh, because he said nice things hes a decent bloke, let's look at our thoughts from the home games, and not one person called him decent, think the terms, whinging **** and wanker were the most used terms, btw not a personal dig at you just they general hypocritical nature of blue moon

Rodri, Bernardo, Foden all world class last night. First half was just amazingly good.

I know this sounds paradoxical, but we've played our best football this season without KDB, and he's undoubtedly our best player. I love him, but we've never quite cracked his best role in this team. If we could have the best of Kevin plus the best of last night we'd be unbeatable

I'm not sure it's paradoxical. I remember many blues worrying about how we would ever replace Yaya, and the same then is true now; You don't. Football is a team game, and sometimes you can build a better team without your best individual player. Not to say that is the case with De Bruyne necessarily, but it's not too far fetched to think, IMO. I agree I still don't think we've cracked him in this side. If we do I think we're strolling to the CL.

Good solid team performance

Stones challenge in real time looked a yellow but when slowed down looked a red

IMO it wasn't a red and understand Pep's anger

Fuck Villa as another bunch of fuckers jealous of our owners and how far we have come.

Rodri, Bernardo, Foden all world class last night. First half was just amazingly good.

I know this sounds paradoxical, but we've played our best football this season without KDB, and he's undoubtedly our best player. I love him, but we've never quite cracked his best role in this team. If we could have the best of Kevin plus the best of last night we'd be unbeatable
It's odd, but very true. At the same time Sterling was our captain too. His form seems to have hit the buffers once KDB came back.

Last week I watched a rerun of the 2011/12 El Classico in Madrid. Barca had Xavi, Iniesta, Messi, Sanchez, Villa, Alves, Puyol etc in the team. Watching them I could see Pep's DNA running through their team.

I know derbies are more about the result than the performance, & I can't believe I'm saying this, but this current City side are every bit as as good, if not better. I noticed many more errant passes from that Barca team, & nowhere near the movement we currently possess.

The main things we're lacking is a quick, clinical mobile young striker (like Mbappé), & a world class left back. This season Gundog has come into his own, & Bernardo is getting back to his best. With Cancelo, Rodri, & Dias settling in nicely, & the emergence of Foden, it's one helluva team we've got when we're ticking at full strength.

I commented during the game that it seemed to me he wasn’t actually refereeing the game and had someone talking in his ear telling him what to do. He was late with a few calls, including the original yellow for Stones. It looked liked he was told to give him a card as it hasn’t occurred to him.

I also understand the VAR has never refereed a Premier League. Two rookies in one game is a little bizarre
I don't think that showing a yellow card was a clear and obvious error by the ref.
VAR should only show real time replays, as that is what the ref sees.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.