Aston Villa (A) | Post-Match Thread

I'm not sure it's paradoxical. I remember many blues worrying about how we would ever replace Yaya, and the same then is true now; You don't. Football is a team game, and sometimes you can build a better team without your best individual player. Not to say that is the case with De Bruyne necessarily, but it's not too far fetched to think, IMO. I agree I still don't think we've cracked him in this side. If we do I think we're strolling to the CL.
I think it’s more about the roles, and work, of the other players with KDB in the line up than anything else.

KDB is undoubtedly the best player in the team. However, the unique talents and teamwork of Bernardo, in particular, are brought to the fore and emphasized without KDB’s presence. Bernardo not only accepts the mantle of playmaker in that role, but his work ethic and ball control highlight his attributes far more than pushing him out wide right.

Rest and recuperate, Bernie, we need you more than ever in this run in.

Played will with a few hiccups to start to say the least lol

Stones, I think like Bernie need to play , the rotation doesnt suit those two as it seems to me that they need a game or two to get back into the swing.
I was nervous about Stones going on international duty and playing alongside a cb not as good as Dias or Laporte might effect his game.
Cant really argue about the red.

Zinchenko had a few brain farts to start with but played through them and was than solid. Roddy was great bosses it

Foden is just wow, these pundits saying he should have gone out on load now saying how well Pep has brought him through training/playing and learning from all our world class players.
At the time I said I didnt understand the pundits logic going out on loan getting kicked from pillar to post was god for him ! I always said it has to be better training and learning from our world class players but what do us fans fucking know !

I'm not sure it's paradoxical. I remember many blues worrying about how we would ever replace Yaya, and the same then is true now; You don't. Football is a team game, and sometimes you can build a better team without your best individual player. Not to say that is the case with De Bruyne necessarily, but it's not too far fetched to think, IMO. I agree I still don't think we've cracked him in this side. If we do I think we're strolling to the CL.
Agree with all of that. Maybe it's as simple as putting a 30+ goals-a-season striker on the receiving end of his phenomenal passes?

Still not changed my opinion on the John Stones red. It was a joke decision. I said it at the time, and I couldn’t believe the overwhelming majority on here felt it was a red. He didn’t go in aggressively, he just tried to kick the ball high and long and the other guy got there first. That’s it. Yellow all day but a red is absurd. You know it’s a wrong decision when not only Pep but Dean Smith says the exact same thing. He doesn’t even say something like “I can understand it, but...” he just flat out says he thinks it was wrong. And it was.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.