Aston Villa (A) | Post-Match Thread

Even before Cash got his red card I thought we looked very comfortable. Second half we controlled the game and could have easily scored more if Walker had picked out a teammate on a couple of occasions when he was in a great position to cross it.

Shame Raheem didn't get a run out.
Has Pep lost trust in him ? Losing possession to Villa last night would have had us in a whole load of trouble. Unfortunately that's what Raheem does a lot in his current run of poor form. Without him we had them chasing shadows the whole second half.

Rodri, Bernardo, Foden all world class last night. First half was just amazingly good.

I know this sounds paradoxical, but we've played our best football this season without KDB, and he's undoubtedly our best player. I love him, but we've never quite cracked his best role in this team. If we could have the best of Kevin plus the best of last night we'd be unbeatable

I don’t think we’ll replace Aguero. I think Pep feels we are at our best with De Bruyne as a false 9.
I think he’ll add yet more energy and technique to midfield and add to our wide forwards.

Huge result,credit to all for a great team performance interwind with some majestic individual skill.

That is our best midfield combo,no doubt in my mind.
I agree Rod, Mr Whippy and Bernie.
Where to play KDB though ?
That was a great two fingers up to all the snivelling press, rags and dippers last night.
Sir Phil what can you add to what’s already been said ? Feck to Mbappe, Neymar etc we’ve got our own worldie.
Maybe stretching it there but I just love the guy.

I especially enjoyed hearing either one of their players of staff shout something along the lines of. "They've got 10 men for fucks sake"
This was around the time we were just knocking the ball about and villa couldn't get anywhere near us.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.