Aston Villa (H) | PL | Post-match Thread

Weakened Villa team but a great performance.

Villa fans are hated in the Midlands, can see why.Spent most of the game slagging our fanbase whilst singing VTID, Vilka love you more than you will know etc etc and other City invented songs.Then slag us off(rightly imo)for a half empty stadium on 85 mins forgetting that loads of theres were leaving.

Also do we ever have an Ederson/Ortega discussion?

I feel like we’ll end up losing Ortega just because he’s far too good to be 2nd choice.

I would play him instead of Ederson tbh but I'm not sure having both will ultimately be viable.

look at me, look at me!!!
This thread would be about 3 pages long without the look at me element to it.

Great performance tonight where nobody had a bad game. Villa had a good few players missing but that's not our problem.

Gvardiol is starting to find his feet.

Rico is a class act. It's amazing how many opposition teams target him for a kicking and how little protection he gets off the refs.

Phil is class. Plays his best football in the middle doing what Kev usually does. Great dilemma for Pep who hopefully makes the right choices in the right moments.

Can't believe Ortega isn't somebody's first choice keeper. Can only assume he was a bit shit before. For me Ederson is our first team keeper but Ortega has been an excellent stand in.

If Rodders says it's a crocodile then it's a fckin crocodile

Villa fans, booing a player that stayed loyal when they went down, then dragged them up to the premier league and was instrumental in keeping them there. He then put a 100 million release clause in his new contract when he could have run it down and left on a free. Fucking ungrateful inbreds.
Jack will always be a Villa fan but he left to better himself professionally. I'm not sure how we'd react in a similar situation but I liked the way he went over to the remaining Villa fans at the end. Pretty sure Jack will be back at Villa Park as a fan when his playing days are over.

It is possible to think that Haaland unbalances the team and inhibits them from playing Pep‘s style to its best advantage. Personally, I think Haaland needs to learn a lot more still. On form he is a peerless goal taker but he needs more.
Without the goals though...??

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.