Aston Villa (H) | PL | Post-match Thread

I had the misfortune of waiting for the train outside Wembley with them giving it large. They were insanely over the top.

I had to turn my headphones up and just smiled at them giving it the big’un.

I’m convinced I got Covid off them though!
Be grateful, we won the cup and covid was all they took home.

Was only looking at Wikipedia before the game yesterday to find the last time we scored more than 3 goals in a league game this season.

The 4-4 vs Chelsea. The last time we scored more than 3 goals and won was the 6-1 against Bournemouth. A good time to get our shooting boots back.

Jack will always be a Villa fan but he left to better himself professionally. I'm not sure how we'd react in a similar situation but I liked the way he went over to the remaining Villa fans at the end. Pretty sure Jack will be back at Villa Park as a fan when his playing days are over.

We normally react fine. SWP was the last big player I remember leaving that we desperately wanted to stay. Of course we needed the money but I remember being at Macclesfield away in a pre season friendly when the news came through. Gutted was an understatement. The only players given stick on a return these days are those that disrespect the club once they leave, like Millner and Cancello.

Plenty of plaudits for the attack last night, and rightly so, but the defence also deserved credit. Got ripped apart on the break, for sure, but that was often a genuine back three, with each of them also barrelling forward with the ball at some point.

I guess you didn't watch the game...

Either that or you must be a Villa fan
Grealish was very good..he definitely wasn't poor
Grealish holds up the ball and brings others into play, but he rarely plays a defence splitting pass, shoots, or gets an assist. Using those criteria alone I can see why some think he had a poor game. And he hardly ever loses the ball which is an asset when the manager rates possession as the most important aspect of the game.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.