Aston Villa (H) | PL | Post-match Thread

Dias looked very ponderous when he started with us...looked a liability at first when you think of his first 4 x months - then came into his own and became immense
Dias signed at the end of September 2020. Won City’s player of the month in November 2020. Played 50 games in the season including 32 league matches on the way to winning the PL. Won the Football Writers Player of the Year award at the end of his first season. He was also City's player of the season and the PL player of the season.

Immense performance. The tenacity and will to win was there for all to see.
Everyone played well and Foden rightly gets the plaudits, but I loved the way Rico went about his game. Refused to be bullied, lost the ball a couple of times but his determination to win it back was unrivalled.

Time to kick on and really put the pressure on Arsenal and Liverpool.

Great football.

Foden on more goals than Bellingham now?

Rodri plays like a GOAT.

Grealish and Doku excellent. Rico outstanding.

The best part for me, we managed to rest players and could field a strong team at Palace.

Its a strange way of looking at it really and been mentioned a few times. After a very good team performance wasn't that a strong side?. I'm not sure putting haaland kdb Kyle straight back in moving Doku over or dropping him and putting Phil and Silva wide is a great idea.

It's why I said the performance has put the cat amongst the pigeons.

Villa fans are an odd bunch. In his tweet he called us league 2 scum.
Villa Have spent a sizeable chunk of there history out of the top flight

Thick as mince as are most of the cretins that spew their jealous bile online. I remember Villa being in the third division. We actually spent ONE year in our entire history in the third tier and that was for one season. It was also twenty five years ago. When we got our "Oil money" we'd been back in the premier league for six years.

Its a strange way of looking at it really and been mentioned a few times. After a very good team performance wasn't that a strong side?. I'm not sure putting haaland kdb Kyle straight back in moving Doku over or dropping him and putting Phil and Silva wide is a great idea.

It's why I said the performance has put the cat amongst the pigeons.

I didn't mean only or mostly KDB and Haaland but Rodri, Foden and Bernardo. It's great Pep could sub them off, Doku too.

The match thread in the first half was full of absolute twats/and rags.

The win never in doubt. We know what we’re doing at this stage.
Unless that thread makes money for Ric (somehow) it should be dropped.

The freaks that infest it don't go to the match,rarely see the overview of our play in context and slag the club,players and fans off continually.

It's an embarrassing weapon for other equal ignoramus’s to use against us.

Do the decent thing and FUCK IT ORF !!

I thought last night that a few players had their best games for a long time.

Gvardiol. Getting better and better and im eating my words a bit as i just didnt see it. He will ultimately play in the john stones role.

Rico Lewis. Didnt look out of place at all. Played well v arsenal too. Asking a still young lad to play the role he does shows utter confidence in his ability.

Doku. Im really not a huge fan but last night i didnt mind the lack of end product , as long as he keeps trying, the assists, like it did for rodri, will come.

Grealish. I love him in the side. Not sure what people expect of him. Yeah he could improve his shooting and not delay til the gap is closed but his ball retention is excellent. I liked the contrast in the 2 wingers last night.

Ortega. Dare i say i might prefer him to ederson? Nah i love em both

We we’re brilliant last night, like City of old.
Five skillful, agile, mobile ball players with Rodri at the core.
Further evidence that we are better team without Haaland.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.