Aston Villa (H) | PL | Post-match Thread

Jack will always be a Villa fan but he left to better himself professionally. I'm not sure how we'd react in a similar situation but I liked the way he went over to the remaining Villa fans at the end. Pretty sure Jack will be back at Villa Park as a fan when his playing days are over.
Compare it to when SWP left us for Chelsea, we needed the money and he was going to better himself too. He was always given a great reception when he played against us.

This thread would be about 3 pages long without the look at me element to it.

Great performance tonight where nobody had a bad game. Villa had a good few players missing but that's not our problem.

Gvardiol is starting to find his feet.

Rico is a class act. It's amazing how many opposition teams target him for a kicking and how little protection he gets off the refs.

Phil is class. Plays his best football in the middle doing what Kev usually does. Great dilemma for Pep who hopefully makes the right choices in the right moments.

Can't believe Ortega isn't somebody's first choice keeper. Can only assume he was a bit shit before. For me Ederson is our first team keeper but Ortega has been an excellent stand in.

If Rodders says it's a crocodile then it's a fckin crocodile
Ortega is a better goalkeeper than Ederson imo.

Not got the distribution but he’s better at everything else.

Jack will always be a Villa fan but he left to better himself professionally. I'm not sure how we'd react in a similar situation but I liked the way he went over to the remaining Villa fans at the end.
To applaud them for the affectionate booing?

Sorry but no City fan was saying this when we were winning the treble. He's scored 29 goals this season and missed a good chunk of the season injured . He is never going to be a Harry Kane like striker he's an out and out goalscorer.
That is rather the point. It is arguable that Pep’s style does not easily tolerate an out and out goal scorer. We won the title after all without a striker at all. When Aguero was left out to develop his all round game, he returned a much better player. Haaland needs to do the same.

Ortega is a better goalkeeper than Ederson imo.

Not got the distribution but he’s better at everything else.
i think he commands the box better than ederson and is a better shot stopper but edersons distribution is levels above and he comes out of his area more confidently although ortega had a couple of nice touches last night

That is rather the point. It is arguable that Pep’s style does not easily tolerate an out and out goal scorer. We won the title after all without a striker at all. When Aguero was left out to develop his all round game, he returned a much better player. Haaland needs to do the same.
it seems almost churlish to say that his system doesnt work with haaland when that system won a treble last year and is still deep in 3 competitions this year, haaland has scored 29 goals this year despite having his chief creator missing for half the year so he does fit, the problem with haaland like most of our players is that they are so top level when they have a minor blip its built into an absolute catastrophe, there is not a team in world football that haaland doesnt walk into so keane and mccoist can stick their bullshit to be quite frank, yeah i do think he could improve his all round play but alvarez lost the ball frequently last night and missed 2 absolute sitters but because we won its ignored which is understandable but i do think haaland will come back and come back strong.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.