Aston Villa (H) - Post-Match Thread

Big fan of the corners too, me. That one to the near post has about 4/5 different components to it from blocking runs etc. - a proper underrated part of our game.

Yeah, he did give the ball away a couple of times and overhit a couple of crosses, but he was far more in the game and he contributed far more positives to the outcome.
That's the thing about KDB though isn't it. He makes things happen. So what if he gives the ball away 3 times out of 4, when the 4th is a peach of a through ball or cross resulting in a goal. IMO we need to see more of that sort of thing from all of our players. More jeopardy and less obsession with retaining possession. Just my opinion.

Not knocking Haaland just saying that I dont see Alvarez as 2nd rate in a big match. And yes Haaland doesnt always get the service he needs. Something Pep must be working on.
When our opponents press us high up the pitch we just need to occasionally knock it over the top or down the channels for Haaland to have a foot race with the defender or keeper The result will be a goal for, or an assist by Haaland. It really isn't that difficult. (See 2nd goal vs Villa for example).

That's the thing about KDB though isn't it. He makes things happen. So what if he gives the ball away 3 times out of 4, when the 4th is a peach of a through ball or cross resulting in a goal. IMO we need to see more of that sort of thing from all of our players. More jeopardy and less obsession with retaining possession. Just my opinion.
Yer right. We have become overly-concerned with hanging on to the ball instead of a little bit of creative ambition. The women are worse than the fellahs.

First half showed the boys can still perform as needed, so theres no excuses from here on in they have to go out and deliver, they get beat trying then so be it thats football.

Foden worries me though, something clearly not right, fingers crossed he can find a bit of form.

Walker has definitely lost a yard this season, some players are getting by him now who he would have burned off even last year. Still a great player but may need to think about replacing him sooner rather than later. And with a proper defensive, pacy, recovery full back, not a teenager who can play in CM

One person (Bailey?) got past Walker in the first few minutes of the game, when Walker had missed the entire warm up.

Take De Bruyne and Mahrez out of our team and we’ve barely got any goals or assists in the team outside of Haaland. That’s one of the big problems of the season. The last thing we want to do is reduce them even more.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.