Athletics Thread

Yes, what a performance she gave in smashing the U18 European record with a time putting her in to world-class territory, at just 17. It would be wonderful if that is her true talent because the depth it would give us at that distance would be exceptional.

Do you know what has happened to Max Burgin? I thought he looked a wonderful prospect but he seems to have gone under the radar.
I've just been looking through the entries for the UK Championships and Burgin is entered in the 800m, it will be his first race of the season if he turns up, so he's obviously been having injury problems. Hope he's fit enough to do himself justice.

As an aside, a few of the big names are using the championship as a training exercise, and dropping down in distance.

Hudson-Smith 200m
Hodgkinson 400m
Kerr 800m

Ingerbrigsten smashed the 1500 in this years best time. This guy has been winning titles since 2018 including Olympic gold in 2020. He is fantastic. Possible match up with Kerr at the Olympics soon.

Sydney McLaughlin...WOW!
I’ve always thought she was an interesting athlete.
Races so so sparingly, and almost never outside of her home country.

I’m guessing she must have some off the scale sponsorship deals or other source of funding to allow her to function in that way.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.