Athletics Thread

Athletics always gives you something new.
That Sydney McLoughlin 200m run was really something. To beat a world-class 200 field when you're a 400 hurdler is something special. Phoebe Gill, at 17, running a 1:58 to show that her 1:57 was no fluke, and the superb Diamond League this week, all show that an exciting summer lies before us.

The British team for the European championship has been named. There's no Josh Kerr and no Phoebe Gill. It's a very strong team overall, I'm guessing Gill didn't put her name forward before the May 5th deadline for being considered, which is understandable as her fast time's have come after the deadline.

I bet she's kicking herself now, because she would have had a great chance of Silver or Bronze with Reekie running the 1500m.

He's the 10km road world record holder.

I've lost count of how many Kenyans that is. There's a serious problem there and questions should be being asked as to whether this is state sponsored.

Bump, the European championships start tomorrow morning 08:30. On the BBC red button, and the red button channel, iPlayer and the website.

Looking forward to it. A pity a few have pulled out of the GB team, it's not full strength but good enough to win over a dozen medals imo.

Decent night of athletics tonight (in its purest form too without any Gabby, Denise or Colin Jackson guff).
Scott Lincoln so unlucky in the shot. The last time we had someone competitive in this was Geoff ruddy Capes!
Yep, he's decent and seems to still be improving. I watched him in the last diamond league meet, and he threw over 21m in the 6th round I think it was.

A great run from Mills as he was never going to beat Ingebrigtsen over 5k, who can though?

We should start to see some GB, gold's from now on.

Yep, he's decent and seems to still be improving. I watched him in the last diamond league meet, and he threw over 21m in the 6th round I think it was.

A great run from Mills as he was never going to beat Ingebrigtsen over 5k, who can though?

We should start to see some GB, gold's from now on.
Wednesday night should be amazing; the relays, plus womens 800m and mens 1500m.

Also looking forward to the womens pole vault before that too.

Wednesday night should be amazing; the relays, plus womens 800m and mens 1500m.

Also looking forward to the womens pole vault before that too.
Relay wise, with all the cry offs, I think we can probably only win the women's 4x100 relay. The men's 4x100 looks really strong but non of them are there.

Did you see what that kid Hinchliffe did in the states yesterday? Ran 9.95, aged 21 from Sheffield. Beat all the yanks at his age. The race is on YouTube, coached by Carl Lewis, there's an interview with Lewis about him as well.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.