Athletics Thread

Relay wise, with all the cry offs, I think we can probably only win the women's 4x100 relay. The men's 4x100 looks really strong but non of them are there.

Did you see what that kid Hinchliffe did in the states yesterday? Ran 9.95, aged 21 from Sheffield. Beat all the yanks at his age. The race is on YouTube, coached by Carl Lewis, there's an interview with Lewis about him as well.
Ah ok, no, that’s news to me but sounds brilliant - will look it up tomorrow, cheers.

Yes, pretty amazing @The Stockport Iniesta
esp his closing stages. Makes you wonder what he’s like over 200m too.
I wasn’t actually planning to go to the UK champs/trials at the Etihad this month for various reasons, but it looks like it could be a hot ticket this year.

He ran 9.84 I think but the wind wasn't legal +2.5 form memory earlier in the season. I watched that race and he did all his best work in the final 50 in that race as well, same as you I've been thinking what could he be like over 200.

Hinchliffe is running in the UK Championships. The 100m is on the Saturday, semi and final.

Pleased for Dina tonight but really disappointed with Reekie, I thought that was well below par.

Last edited:
He ran 9.84 I think but the wind wasn't legal +2.5 form memory earlier in the season. I watched that race and he did all his best work in the final 50 in that race as well, same as you I've been thinking what could he be like over 200.

Hinchliffe is running in the UK Championships. The 100m is on the Saturday, semi and final.

Pleased for Dina tonight but really disappointed with Reekie, I thought that was well below par.
Yep thought that false start affected her most, she seemed to run hardest for longest before they were called back, then on the re-start she was one of the two slowest out of the blocks.

Btw, don’t know if you watched the coverage to the end but the comms were right I think to highlight the contrast between the DQ of the gold medalist in the womens steeplechase (harsh), to the yellow awarded in the 100m race (possibly slightly less harsh!)

Reekie agreed. The Irish athlete certainly, ahem, made the most of the gap upon entering the home straight didn’t she?

Yep thought that false start affected her most, she seemed to run hardest for longest before they were called back, then on the re-start she was one of the two slowest out of the blocks.

Btw, don’t know if you watched the coverage to the end but the comms were right I think to highlight the contrast between the DQ of the gold medalist in the womens steeplechase (harsh), to the yellow awarded in the 100m race (possibly slightly less harsh!)

Reekie agreed. The Irish athlete certainly, ahem, made the most of the gap upon entering the home straight didn’t she?
Yep, Dina got a good start first time but second time around had a poor one.

Personally I thought the DQ of the French girl was really poor, and in the 100m, was it Kambunji ( probably terrible spelling) I thought she was lucky not to be DQ.

I don't think the Irish girl did anything wrong tbh, Reekie was already beaten and a gap appeared, think she had to take it. Phoebe Gill beat her 2 weeks ago :) over 800.

How impressive did Dobson look? Don't think he got out of second gear.

Yep, Dina got a good start first time but second time around had a poor one.

Personally I thought the DQ of the French girl was really poor, and in the 100m, was it Kambunji ( probably terrible spelling) I thought she was lucky not to be DQ.

I don't think the Irish girl did anything wrong tbh, Reekie was already beaten and a gap appeared, think she had to take it. Phoebe Gill beat her 2 weeks ago :) over 800.

How impressive did Dobson look? Don't think he got out of second gear.
That’s very true.

Yes, don’t get me started on the Gill omission. Let’s hope she does herself justice at the trials, so they can’t ignore her then.

Mu fell in the American trials final and is out of the Olympics. Have to say she was pretty unconvincing in the heat and semi, looked mile's of her best.

The race is on YouTube.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.