Atkinson says his view was obscured

jamiegrimble said:
It’s not Atkinson who has brought this media frenzy on Man City. He saw a different game, which the City haters won’t let go. One incident has incited lynch mobs to descend on our club. Atkinson said he didn’t see it.(though I have not seen a link yet to prove this accusation) He’s the Referee on the day. Why beat him up? It doesn’t make sense, for once he’s on our side.
I'm sorry, I've read this 3 times now and still can't understand it. Maybe it's me being a bit dense but, can somebody translate this for me?

I dont think Arfa has made any comment yet..? NDJ went over and spoke to him twice after it happened and the way that Arfa waved to us in the family stand when we applauded him gives the impression he bears no malice.
I wouldn't be surprised if he comes out in defence of Nige.

This HAS to be bullshit, the story in The Grauniad reporting Nige being dropped from the Dutch squad has Atkinson admitting to seeing it and deeming it unworthy of punishment! I thought we'd seen as low as the FA would stoop to keep us from getting to where we're going last season with SWP, Adebayor, The Derby etc. If they go back on this now, I don't think there can be any question of an anti-city agenda on the part of them and the Premier League. Absolutely fucking ridiculous!

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/oct/04/nigel-de-jong-fa-holland/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010 ... a-holland/</a>

peacefrog said:
jamiegrimble said:
It’s not Atkinson who has brought this media frenzy on Man City. He saw a different game, which the City haters won’t let go. One incident has incited lynch mobs to descend on our club. Atkinson said he didn’t see it.(though I have not seen a link yet to prove this accusation) He’s the Referee on the day. Why beat him up? It doesn’t make sense, for once he’s on our side.
I'm sorry, I've read this 3 times now and still can't understand it. Maybe it's me being a bit dense but, can somebody translate this for me?
Yes you are dense.What dont you understand?

jamiegrimble said:
peacefrog said:
Nearly all of it, but mainly... "He saw a different game, which the City haters won’t let go". and "for once he’s on our side"

peacefrog said:
jamiegrimble said:
Nearly all of it, but mainly... "He saw a different game, which the City haters won’t let go". and "for once he’s on our side"

i think he means we shouldn't lambast atkinson because he was good to us on sunday and that it's only an accusation that he has said he didn't see it.

peacefrog said:
jamiegrimble said:
Before I answer.Where you there?

Where was who?

I understood your post but this whole I was there so I'm better than you crap is starting to wear thin, it's not just you before you get the wrong impression. We're all in this together.

jamiegrimble said:
peacefrog said:
Before I answer.Where you there?
Before I answer. Does that matter?<br /><br />-- Tue Oct 05, 2010 12:02 am --<br /><br />
JoeMercer'sWay said:
peacefrog said:

i think he means we shouldn't lambast atkinson because he was good to us on sunday and that it's only an accusation that he has said he didn't see it.
Ok, that makes more sense. Thanks.

See, that wasn't so hard was it jamie.

Bellamy's Caddy said:
Absolute disgrace if this is true.

If De Jong gets a ban and we do nothing about it I'm going to be furious, I'm sick of City letting these clowns in the media spout their bile unchallenged and as for the FA...

Last season before Hughes got the sack he was due to ''explain his comments'' about Clattenburg when he'd sent Bellamy off at Bolton (Gave him a second yellow him for diving when he was clearly fouled) and had been overheard slagging Bellamy off at HT in the tunnel. Hughes got the sack and the FA dropped the case so it all got conveniently forgotten about.

Its clear from the videos posted that Atkinson had a perfect view of it, non of the Newcastle players complained either which tells its own story. But the FA always find a way to twist the rules to suit them, they did it with Adebayor (not condoning the kick at van Persie thats another issue) against Arsenal and SWP against Stoke.

De Jong did nothing wrong, and considering he's now being painted as the dirtiest man in football, how many red cards has he been given during his time at City? None.

Don't take this lightly City, we're not in the wrong here. Hopefully incidents like this will create a siege mentality in the dressing room, there's a lot of people out there who don't want us to succeed. I just hope we get to prove them wrong soon.
if the newcastle fans thought it was anything other than an accident,thet would have made their feelings known.they didnt boo or heckle de jong once.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.