Atletico (H) | CL QF 1st Leg | Post Match Thread

Excellent result against a bunch of snidey fucking shithouse cunts..
Fuck me they are awful to watch and they had no intention of playing football against us.
We struggled to create because we didn't want to lose possession and get caught out on the break so we played the safer option most of the time.
Phil and Jack made a huge difference and what a great finish from Kev.
Defensively we were really well organized and it was a great performance from all of the defenders, but Ake really stood out tonight..in the first half you could see Atletico trying to target him but he didn't give them fuck all..
It was funny watching the twats trying to wind Jack up but he just laughed and they kept trying to kick him but again he wasn't ruffled.
It will be pretty much the same tactics next week but eventually they will have to try and score and that will leave gaps that we have to exploit.
The ref was fucking useless.. definitely out of his depth.

Agree with every word but that first line sums the night up perfectly.

Read the question carefully dude, I said I wouldn’t risk him on Sunday against probably the best counter attacking team in Europe because he gives the ball away too often.

You haven’t offered an opinion for me to disagree with or even constructively explained your thoughts on why you disagree with me just shouted out a load of expletives
I said fucking fucking hell, hardly a string of expletives is it lovey, sorry if it upset you? In terms of why is it a no brainer that Kev will play on Sunday, it’s because he is one of the very top players in world football, a creative and energetic genius, a person who makes things happen. Of course a player who tries a lot of creative things is going to lose the ball more than someone who passes the ball sideways (I mean to be fair ray fucking Wilkins rarely lost possession) but look at tonight, it wasn’t possession we lacked it was the creativity, that funnily enough tonight’s match winner and Phil Foden showed. If Kev wasn’t playing on Sunday, you’d be happy and so would Mr fucking Ed Klopp

I had a good idea what was coming, the very definition of anti football I'd hate to watch that shite every week, never call Sean Dyche again even he wouldn't turn that shite out. No attempts on goal not even a corner no wonder their shit stain so called supporters wanted to fight anythings better than that crap they play, any how rant over.Not quite that fuckin referee was shite as well.

You watch him on Sunday: When we get to these games he shows us his world standing. He did it against United the other week.

He is always going to lose us possession occasionally because he tries things, but those passes/shots create goals when they come off. There is not a cat in hell’s chance he will be left out against Liverpool nor should he be.
Yeah I know what you’re saying and he did it against Chelsea too and I think that he probably is given more license to lose the ball by Pep than the others because of his ability to be creative but I’m just worried about Sunday. We play so high up the pitch that any turnovers against them could be deadly.

You watch him on Sunday: When we get to these games he shows us his world standing. He did it against United the other week.

He is always going to lose us possession occasionally because he tries things, but those passes/shots create goals when they come off. There is not a cat in hell’s chance he will be left out against Liverpool nor should he be.
Is the correct answer

That’s a fair point but the suspicion has persisted since our wonderful spell last season either side of Christmas that we actually play better without him in the team. For me it’s a marginal call as to whether his potential game changing moments outweigh the amount of times he loses possession especially with the way the dippers play. I wouldn’t risk it - we can always bring him on later in the game if we need him.
This side has become almost completely risk averse. We have 3 players who try something/anything out of the norm and one of those spent most of tonight on the bench. We have KDB, Foden and Cancelo who will actually try to make something happen, without them we would play sideways for 90 mins. I’m all for keeping possession, but at some point you have to try and hurt the opposition and KDB is arguably more integral than he has ever been to making that happen. Until the likes of Sterling, Mahrez, Grealish, Bernie and Gundo turn up and hurt the opposition on a regular basis it is unthinkable that KDB is left out.

Probably the way I was expecting it. Normally teams defend deep against us, but they still leave one CF up front. None of this from the mighty Atletico. A pure double decker bus with no intention to play football and amuse the paying customers.
The away game will suit us.

Well deserved victory. Didn’t give them any but one harmless shot one goal.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.