Atletico (H) | CL QF 1st Leg | Post Match Thread

Expect already posted however

Facist pricks, hope they get a shoeing at some point

Last edited:
I watched on the tele last night and there were no surprises as far as the analysis from the "expert" co-commentator was concerned - we were treated to a display from the most negative, boring side in the champions league for the last ten years and Keown purred about how wonderful it was, about the endless hours on the training pitch the coach must spend to inculcate such wonderful negativity in his players and how hard a "world class coach" must have to work to perfect a style so different from Pep's! More than one way to play the beautiful gam, eh, Martin?
Did Neanderthal man mention KdB has paintbrushes for feet ? He usually does.

Thought we were really good tonight.

Atletico were always going to be tough to break down, the crucial thing was that we kept control of the overall play and didn't allow ourselves to get countered on. I can't think of anything Atletico actually did going forward, apart from that really short spell at the start of the second half when Griezmann had a run and Gundogan managed to get back. Apart from that I thought we were just calm, patient, and got the win we deserved.

Playing against these, it's always gonna descend into a game of sitting and waiting to see who cracks first. We held our nerve, made the right changes, and were incisive when it mattered. A second goal would have been a nice cushion but any win against these gives us something to protect. They're going to pull out all the shithousing stops back at theirs so it's better to face that kind of environment and gameplan with something to hold on to.

This was back in the group stages. We need to brace ourselves for something 10x worse next week.

That porto manager was as bad as simeone from what i remember

Thought we were really good tonight.

Atletico were always going to be tough to break down, the crucial thing was that we kept control of the overall play and didn't allow ourselves to get countered on. I can't think of anything Atletico actually did going forward, apart from that really short spell at the start of the second half when Griezmann had a run and Gundogan managed to get back. Apart from that I thought we were just calm, patient, and got the win we deserved.

Playing against these, it's always gonna descend into a game of sitting and waiting to see who cracks first. We held our nerve, made the right changes, and were incisive when it mattered. A second goal would have been a nice cushion but any win against these gives us something to protect. They're going to pull out all the shithousing stops back at theirs so it's better to face that kind of environment and gameplan with something to hold on to.

This was back in the group stages. We need to brace ourselves for something 10x worse next week.

That was my reading. Very, very relaxed and professional performance, kept some players ready for the weekend, have the advantage going into the second leg, and a general sense that there is still a job to be done and it is "only" the QF. They played with two banks of five, and not to get beat by much, but if we play like we did last night we'll win the tie.

The only way we possibly lose next week is if we have less than 11 players on the pitch.

yep its got to the drummed into the players not to get involved and kick or hit back
grealish was targeted when he come on and nearly lost the plot and pep sorted it out

yep its got to the drummed into the players not to get involved and kick or hit back
grealish was targeted when he come on and nearly lost the plot
and pep sorted it out

this was my first thought when i saw him benched yesterday evening, targeting

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.