Atletico (H) | CL QF 1st Leg | Post Match Thread

Fucking dreadful!

I know it’s been said already, but Simeone really is nothing more than a slightly more glamorous, more effective Tony Pulis/Neil Warnock/Sam Allardyce with better tailoring and a more exciting sounding name!
Apparently Simeone is on 20M euros a year to produce that shite

Yep, and I think with Jesus also suspended for the Atletico second leg, he might start on Sunday.

I also suspect Grealish might get the left side, as Pep has started to favour him more in the bigger Prem games?

Pep knows ball turnover is the ultimate killer against Liverpool, so think Mahrez will be the other side.

This could be the team, but it depends on the Gabby selection.

Liverpool play such a high line we could have success with runners going beyond from the middle.

For me, Liverpool main threat will come from corners and dead balls.

................EDDIE..............

WALKER...STONES....LAPORTE...CANCELO
...............RODRI............
..........BERNIE.......FODEN
......MAHREZ....KEV......GREALISH...
Do like that team.

He needs to be careful but remember it for the 2nd leg. He reacted to having the ball blasted into his face, understandably, but luckily Pep grabbed him. One of those things it's easy to get sent off for.

Once he calmed down he was smiling and that will be his best approach - laugh at them after the foul, nutmeg them the next time and get ready to get kicked. Won't be a pleasant evening, but, hopefully, he'll be able to enjoy the next round whilst they watch it on telly.

i don't think pep will play him in the 2nd leg because he is still not 100% he can trust him not to kick back
but city will be under the cosh from the fans and the booing and their players getting into the officials head that he needs to wave the cards about to the city players

i don't trust uefa and its officials ? if they are given half a chance to book a city player and send them off then it will happen make no mistake. so jack being new to the champions league and all that ? pep will protect him rather put him into the smoking hot stadium to set fire to it

Yep, there's no escaping the false nine, I just prefer Phil to anyone else when he is running with the ball from deep, better than even Kev IMO.

Phil works his socks off in the false nine but he just looks lost, especially when people like Gundo, Kev and Bernie are gravitating into his space and emptying the defensive part of the midfield.

Gundogan at false 9 might be the way, Gundogan made brilliant runs into the box last season, he knows how to make those off the ball runs to get into space, it's worth a try.

Gundogan at false 9 might be the way, Gundogan made brilliant runs into the box last season, he knows how to make those off the ball runs to get into space, it's worth a try.
I was gonna suggest Gundog before but thought I might get laughed at.

Yep, and I think with Jesus also suspended for the Atletico second leg, he might start on Sunday.

I also suspect Grealish might get the left side, as Pep has started to favour him more in the bigger Prem games?

Pep knows ball turnover is the ultimate killer against Liverpool, so think Mahrez will be the other side.

This could be the team, but it depends on the Gabby selection.

Liverpool play such a high line we could have success with runners going beyond from the middle.

For me, Liverpool main threat will come from corners and dead balls.

................EDDIE..............

WALKER...STONES....LAPORTE...CANCELO
...............RODRI............
..........BERNIE.......FODEN
......MAHREZ....KEV......GREALISH...
Yep I'd go for that lineup. Then would play Raheem on the right instead of Mahrez on Wednesday - mainly because if they play deep looking for the counter we have to have players who go past the wing backs - Sterling is so much more able to go either way when he plays on the right whereas Mahrez seems to always come inside which is what they want.

Jack has to play both games for me as he really gets under oppositions skin and the attention he gets allows space for others to exploit. I fully expect Bernie to have a wow of a game on Sunday - he always seems to run his blood to water against Liverpool and maybe play Ilkay on Wednesday. Who knows? I do have faith that Pep will get both games right.

i don't think pep will play him in the 2nd leg because he is still not 100% he can trust him not to kick back
but city will be under the cosh from the fans and the booing and their players getting into the officials head that he needs to wave the cards about to the city players

i don't trust uefa and its officials ? if they are given half a chance to book a city player and send them off then it will happen make no mistake. so jack being new to the champions league and all that ? pep will protect him rather put him into the smoking hot stadium to set fire to it
I trust him not to retaliate.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.