Atletico (H) | CL QF 1st Leg | Post Match Thread

I’ve only just remembered this but I noticed that Koke gave the referee a dig in the arm last night and got away with it.

In either code of rugby, if you put your hands on the ref, you get a lengthy ban… in football?…

The ref followed Koke pointing to his arm as if to say, “that’s where you’ve just hit me” and he did absolutely fuck all about it. SEND HIM OFF!

"Manchester City fans and the English press were left frothing with rage at why a team would dare play in such a way"
hahaha, I think the article assumes the English press may side with the English team - clearly not up to date with the reality of what you all call the whatsapp group...

We don't really have a false 9, in that we don't have a player whose best position is playing the false 9. All the players we shoehorn into it aren't naturals,in the way somebody like Messi was, and I think Felix would be, and they would all be better playing different positions. Making our success with the system more remarkable. As it is for now needs must, hopefully not for too much longer.
Dybala is an excellent false 9...I'm not saying we should or shouldn't sign him...I'm just saying he excels when playing in that role...

................EDDIE..............

WALKER...STONES....LAPORTE...CANCELO
...............RODRI............
..........BERNIE..KEV.....FODEN
......MAHREZ..........GREALISH...
Think it needs to be set up more like that. Too often, the one up front gets stuck there and becomes a bad centre forward.

Leave the greatest defender the world has ever seen (TM) with no one to defend, but people running at him that he doesn't seem to like. I don't think he'll like the ability of a Foden or Bernardo coming at him from between the lines.

Make sure the best two fullbacks in the world (TM) are pinned back to stop them putting in long balls, sorry, accurate passes over the top.

The three in midfield make sure we keep the ball but have the freedom to overload and exploit gaps. A key for us will be Walker and Cancelo not getting caught upfield if we lose the ball.

It'll be very cagey, as it always is. They're like two heavyweight boxers, confident in their own ability but knowing one mistake and you can be flat on your back before you realise. The advantage we've got is that a boring 0-0 leaves us top and, as the game goes on, they may leave gaps trying to score. Unless we're 5-0 up again, my arse will be like a rabbit's nose for 90 minutes.

espn_fdj - instagram

Simeone and Atletico get the red circle treatement.

0-A178-A25-325-D-484-A-A9-A6-A1-B818-E28-B00.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.