Atletico supposedly after Negredo.....

@tancredipalmeri 6m

Mandzukic has found an agreement with Atletico de Madrid that will pay approx 18m€ to Bayern, according to @calciomercatoit

well , also happy if true that we are not going for mangala then

Tron Coltrane said:
Joburg Hero said:
I like Dzeko, I wanted him first choice throughout last season, but there are plenty of upgrades out there and a club of our standing needs to upgrade, especially when Aguero is missing so regularly.

Not sure how far back your City lineage goes, but out of curiosity were you calling for a better finisher than Goater 15 years ago too? Finding someone who regularly scores goals is a lot more rare than people give it credit. I'll take results over fancy finishing any day of the week. If it works, don't change it. And it's working.

I think people forget how often quality strikers just don't succeed at another club. Remember how good Crespo was in 2003? Couldn't miss, there was no way it could fail for Chelsea. But it did.

Hoping the club feel the same way. Shiny and new isn't always what we need.

Totally agree. Some saying buy Cavani. He cost 60m and has hardly been worth what they paid. Would still cost a fortune and no guarantee he'd fit in. Doubt he'd even be willing to come and fight for the #2 spot. Think he wants to be the guaranteed #1, hence his desire to leave PSG.

Hopefully this means Negredo is staying...

Transfer Central TNC ‏@TransferNewsCen 7m View translation
Večernji List: Atletico Madrid has agreed a €18m offer with Bayern Munich for striker Mario Mandzukic (1/2)

Would the Beast even want to leave City? I think not. His understanding with Sergio when they are both fit is almost telepathic.

Blue Streak said:
Would the Beast even want to leave City? I think not. His understanding with Sergio when they are both fit is almost telepathic.

Think his initial desire (if there really was any) was due to not being included towards the end of the season after he recovered from his shoulder injury. I think Pellers will be able to prove to the Negredo that he's an important player moving into next season, as I don't think the signing of Fernando is an indication of us going to play with one up front all the time. I think next season we'll see the kind of tactical flexibility which Pellers was renowned for, with Negredo remaining important when we go with 2 up front.

Happy days!!!! Negredo looks like he staying.....

Atlético Madrid reportedly agree to €18m deal for Bayern Munich’s Mario Mandzukic

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.insidespanishfootball.com/114853/atletico-madrid-reportedly-agree-to-e18m-deal-for-bayern-munichs-mario-mandzukic/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.insidespanishfootball.com/11 ... mandzukic/</a>

Atlético Madrid have reportedly reached a €18m agreement to sign Bayern Munich striker, Mario Mandzukic after the Croatian international made clear his desire to leave Bavaria after one season under manager Pep Guardiola.

ccording to Croatian newspaper, Večernji List, Mandzukic has rejected an €8 million per year offer from Wolfsburg and has opted to join the La Liga champions, which will pay the Bundesliga giants a total of €18 million.

Atletico will use the money generated from the sale of Diego Costa to Chelsea and will sign Mandzukic, who was forced to leave to due to his lack of minutes.

Mandzukic is also a cheaper option that Atletico Madrid’s top transfer target, Alvaro Negredo, who Manchester City were holding firm on a €30 million asking price, while Atleti were only willing to pay €20 million at most.

Don't know if true but new reports saying Negredo is asking for a move?

Striker 'asks for move'

Read more at: <a class="postlink" href="https://www.clubcall.com/manchester-city/striker-asks-for-move-1732095.html?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">https://www.clubcall.com/manchester-cit ... witterfeed</a>

Manchester City striker Alvaro Negredo has asked Manuel Pellegrini to allow him to leave this summer, according to reports in Spain.

Negredo joined the Citizens last summer from Sevilla for a fee reported to be £16.4million plus add-ons but he has grown frustrated at the Etihad. The 28-year-old made a positive start to his time in England, finding the back of the net regularly and keeping Edin Dzeko out of the starting line-up. However, his form did not last all term and he was left out in the cold by Pellegrini and subsequently was overlooked by Spain boss Vicente del Bosque for the World Cup in Brazil this summer. A number of clubs are understood to be circling the former Almeria man and a return to his homeland has been heavily touted. Spanish newspaper AS have reported that Atletico Madrid are keen to acquire his services as a replacement for Diego Costa.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.