Atletico supposedly after Negredo.....

I think he stays as we will not allow him to go on the cheap....

City Watch ‏@City_Watch 1h
Marca: City have no intention of selling Negredo for less than £24m, even if he wants to leave. Atletico considering other strikers.

I don't get why he would be unhappy here. He has been an amazing fit for City and the Premier League and had a great first season. Leaves us with a problem if it is true because Aguero is injured every other game and I wouldn't want to rely on Dzeko for the entire season.

RandomJ said:
I don't get why he would be unhappy here. He has been an amazing fit for City and the Premier League and had a great first season. Leaves us with a problem if it is true because Aguero is injured every other game and I wouldn't want to rely on Dzeko for the entire season.

He's essentially 3rd choice,possibly 4th when all fit.

Given,more often than not,we may be playing one striker next season I can see why he would want more playing time,and in fairnesss,his quality deserves such

RandomJ said:

On the contrary Dzeko is the exact man of our 4 strikers who we can rely on for an entire season. The man never gets injured. He may not score in every game but then neither will the other 3.

FantasyIreland said:
RandomJ said:

He's essentially 3rd choice,possibly 4th when all fit.

Given,more often than not,we may be playing one striker next season I can see why he would want more playing time,and in fairnesss,his quality deserves such

In all of this "probably playing one striker up front" talk -- and there have been a number of people on here talking about us changing formation -- did I miss a quote from Pellegrini explaining that he was going to abandon his system from last season and shake things up? I can't imagine this is all Football Manager armchair coaching from internet users who think they have a better grasp on how to set up our starting eleven than Txiki, Feran, and Pelle. Honest question by the way, not being snarky... did I miss Pelle saying he is changing his approach?

As for the "All these Spanish journalists can't be wrong" concept, I guess I would argue "Sure they can!" It happens all the time... Marca publishes a story out of wishful thinking and the internet perpetuates it, until it has its own momentum. I'm not saying that's the case here, Negredo could be legitimately unsettled, but it's not a stretch of the mind to assume that it's completely groundless either. He could be as happy as a pig in shit for all we know.

adrianr said:
RandomJ said:

On the contrary Dzeko is the exact man of our 4 strikers who we can rely on for an entire season. The man never gets injured. He may not score in every game but then neither will the other 3.

This is true,his fitness reliability is a huge asset,if only for that reason,last season proved why he's worth a new contract.

I also think Pellegrini prefers him to Negredo.

Tron,ive seen no quotes......but I don't believe he would have brought in another world class midfielder if he intended only to use him only from the bench.

I believe his strongest line up consists of 5 midfielders.

FantasyIreland said:
Tron,ive seen no quotes......but I don't believe he would have brought in another world class midfielder if he intended only to use him only from the bench.

You don't think it's just as likely that Pelle is happy with his system, and happy doing the double in his first year at the helm, but wants an upgrade on Garcia given how heavily we relied upon him to finish the year? Especially with AFCON coming up for Yaya (provided he stays) and this ongoing injury struggle for him?

I can understand somebody wanting to change to a system with 5 midfielders, because that's their prerogative. I might even be in their camp. What I don't understand is the hundreds of people saying "We'll probably be playing one striker next season" this summer just because that's their preference. It feels like a leap, considering how little time Pelle spends on these message boards asking for our feedback in how he should line up his team.

FantasyIreland said:

Not necessarily. We couldn't rotate in central midfield because the drop in quality was too big when the back up players came in. Now we can rotate. Sure, in Europe and in some really tough away games, we might go with 3 central midfielders, but for the majority of the season, it will be the same formation as last season. We had to use Demichelis in midfield at times, such was the lack of cover. We needed another midfielder.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.