Atletico supposedly after Negredo.....

Blue Haze said:
Who could replace him for that amount of money, though?
I've posted before that this group of players will peak next season, but we've got to have an eye to the fact that this is starting to be an aging squad. I like Negredo, but if we got that sort of money we could look to a younger, much more raw talent to replace him for a similar sum on a risk/reward basis. Clearly such a move would not be without its risks, but given Negredo's age it's a risk worth taking imo. He isn't part of our 'spine', or even approaching it.

Sometimes, if the sums add up, you've got to take a punt.

Anyone got any suggestions for £25-ish million?

gordondaviesmoustache said:
Blue Haze said:
I've posted before that this group of players will peak next season, but we've got to have an eye to the fact that this is starting to be an aging squad. I like Negredo, but if we got that sort of money we could look to a younger, much more raw talent to replace him for a similar sum on a risk/reward basis. Clearly such a move would not be without its risks, but given Negredo's age it's a risk worth taking imo. He isn't part of our 'spine', or even approaching it.

Use the £10-15m or so from the sales of Micah etc.. and add it to the £20/25m from the Negredo sale and go all out for Sanchez.

gordondaviesmoustache said:
Blue Haze said:

Loic Remy, pocket the difference in fees which is about £15million.

Remy is quick, offers us something different, a good finisher and would be a perfect plan b option for us. He could play in a 4-3-3 as a wing forward too as he's that quick.

City Watch ‏@City_Watch 1h
AS: Negredo is willing to take a pay cut to join Atletico Madrid, but City are unimpressed by their current offer of £16m and expect £24m.

He'll be sold for 20m and we'll move on. Thanks for the Cup double last year, but if you want to go home it's no good keeping a disgruntled player.

NipHolmes said:
Daz_Blue said:
City Watch ‏@City_Watch 8m
Daily Mail: City will move for Monaco and Colombia star James Rodríguez (22) if Alvaro Negredo is sold this summer.

No chance. We cannot afford him.

Not true. City aren't anywhere near as hamstrung by FFP as people are making out. Not that i'm saying we're in for Rodriguez btw, just that the notion we can't sign a 'marquee' player this summer isn't true. We would have to be a little creative but it's easily doable. The sale of Negredo would leave us with conservatively 70 million pounds to spend without taking into account the potential sales of Milner, Richards, Sinclair, and Nastasic.

It probably suits City for the watching world to think we have money issues especially when it comes to placing valuations on our own players - but overall my guess is that if City really want a player this summer, and the player ends up on the market, they'll get him. Or to rephrase they won't not get him because of FFP restrictions, rather that the player simply chooses to go elsewhere.

Andouble said:
He'll be sold for 20m and we'll move on. Thanks for the Cup double last year, but if you want to go home it's no good keeping a disgruntled player.

Boom....!

20m would be superb business,allowing us greater flexibility to negotiate elsewhere.

Mancitybluemoon1 said:
City Watch ‏@City_Watch 1h
AS: Negredo is willing to take a pay cut to join Atletico Madrid, but City are unimpressed by their current offer of £16m and expect £24m.
Atletico will up that offer by £4m and deal will be done + some add ons probably and we move on with searching for a replacement. I would think this is the case. No point keeping a player who wants to go to back to his native, and be a #1 striker of La Liga champions. Here he is 3rd or 4th choice depending on form.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.