Atletico supposedly after Negredo.....

MeatHunterrr said:
Mancitybluemoon1 said:
City Watch ‏@City_Watch 1h
AS: Negredo is willing to take a pay cut to join Atletico Madrid, but City are unimpressed by their current offer of £16m and expect £24m.
Atletico will up that offer by £4m and deal will be done + some add ons probably and we move on with searching for a replacement. I would think this is the case. No point keeping a player who wants to go to back to his native, and be a #1 striker of La Liga champions. Here he is 3rd or 4th choice depending on form.

Is there an echo in here..??

FantasyIreland said:
MeatHunterrr said:
Mancitybluemoon1 said:
AS: Negredo is willing to take a pay cut to join Atletico Madrid, but City are unimpressed by their current offer of £16m and expect £24m.
Atletico will up that offer by £4m and deal will be done + some add ons probably and we move on with searching for a replacement. I would think this is the case. No point keeping a player who wants to go to back to his native, and be a #1 striker of La Liga champions. Here he is 3rd or 4th choice depending on form.

Is there an echo in here..??
?? just assumption what may happen

MeatHunterrr said:
Mancitybluemoon1 said:

I agree...think it could happen but I also think it will be a massive mistake to let him go and come mid-season when injuries start to hit, we will regret letting him go....he's professional enough to play out his contract, so I would atleast keep hold of him this season and say we'll let him go when a replacement can be found next season when restrictions are lifted....

City Watch ‏@City_Watch 2m
Dundee FC say Navas, Negredo, Garcia, Nasri, Clichy, Kolarov & Micah will be in City's squad for the July 13 friendly at Dens Park Stadium.

Interesting thing is that City have confirmed that Negredo is included in the pre-season squad...hopefully that means he staying....

DUNDEE VS MANCHESTER CITY

The DFC NEWS ROOM
City have confirmed that

Manchester City players confirmed, so far!

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.dundeefc.co.uk/news/manchester-city-players-confirmed-so-far" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.dundeefc.co.uk/news/manchest ... med-so-far</a>

We have now received confirmation from Manchester City of their initial squad travelling up for their pre-season tour of Scotland.

A number of their squad are either just returning from or are still involved in the World Cup finals in Brazil and the final list of players will be confirmed as soon as possible.

The players confirmed so far include World Cup and European Championship winner Jesus Navas and his fellow Spanish internationals Alvaro Negredo and Javi Garcia. French stars Samir Nasri and Gael Clichy are both included in the squad.

Finally two very strong international defenders Micah Richards and Alex Kolarov will also travel up to Dundee.

It will be the first game of the new season for both clubs and their is still 1 week left to buy your tickets for this "unique" game of champions. Please also remember Season ticket holders receive a discounted match ticket."

Mancitybluemoon1 said:
Dundee FC say Navas, Negredo, Garcia, Nasri, Clichy, Kolarov & Micah will be in City's squad for the July 13 friendly at Dens Park Stadium.

Didn't Tevez play in the Chelsea US tour last year?

MillionDollarDream said:
Mancitybluemoon1 said:

Didn't Tevez play in the Chelsea US tour last year?

That was really a post season tour with Kidd managing rather than a pre season tour.
However your basic premise that it doesn't mean we are not selling is I'm sure correct . Plenty of other players including Sinclair and Barry last season have appeared on pre-season tours who we have been actively marketing. If he is off he may still train with us and play a few pre season games until the deals are done.

It will be a shame to see him go but if he wants to go back to Spain or try Italy..we can't keep him. Despite his injury (shoulder injury should be used too much of an excuse for lack of form) he didn't look right. Sell and move quickly for Sanchez

Can't believe we're letting him go so easily. He isn't the first player that would prefer a move back home. I doubt Aguero enjoys the freezing cold and the pissing rain but he's a professional and he puts up with it. Negredo was really important for us last season, chipping in with vital goals and formed an amazing partnership with Aguero and was our second highest scorer in the Champs League. He was our second choice striker not third or fourth and I don't see how we can replace what he offered for the money we're getting for him.

Just out of curiosity but as Negredo was signed with the promise of add-ons, and granted it's fair to assume a few of the conditions were met after his 20+ goals in a double winning season, but would any future add-ons be written off if he was sold?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.