Atletico supposedly after Negredo.....

I'd want £25m+ written on the books in FFPR terms if he goes, and only with the proviso that it will go towards adding someone uber as well.

He was great for half a season but if he doesn't fancy it then there's no point keeping him, he's not irreplaceable and I think Manuel liked what he started to get from Edin at the end of last season. I think the difference is even if Dzeko has a stinker he still often finds a way to jab one in, whereas Negredo just looks completely out of it when he's out of form, to the point of coming across as fairly hopeless.

pudge & rodge said:
Just out of curiosity but as Negredo was signed with the promise of add-ons, and granted it's fair to assume a few of the conditions were met after his 20+ goals in a double winning season, but would any future add-ons be written off if he was sold?

Pretty sure they would, yes

Mancitybluemoon1 said:
Interesting thing is that City have confirmed that Negredo is included in the pre-season squad...hopefully that means he staying....

DUNDEE VS MANCHESTER CITY

The DFC NEWS ROOM
City have confirmed that

Manchester City players confirmed, so far!

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.dundeefc.co.uk/news/manchester-city-players-confirmed-so-far" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.dundeefc.co.uk/news/manchest ... med-so-far</a>

We have now received confirmation from Manchester City of their initial squad travelling up for their pre-season tour of Scotland.

A number of their squad are either just returning from or are still involved in the World Cup finals in Brazil and the final list of players will be confirmed as soon as possible.

The players confirmed so far include World Cup and European Championship winner Jesus Navas and his fellow Spanish internationals Alvaro Negredo and Javi Garcia. French stars Samir Nasri and Gael Clichy are both included in the squad.

Finally two very strong international defenders Micah Richards and Alex Kolarov will also travel up to Dundee.

It will be the first game of the new season for both clubs and their is still 1 week left to buy your tickets for this "unique" game of champions. Please also remember Season ticket holders receive a discounted match ticket."

Nothing 'interesting' about it,it's normal....until sold is part of the squad!

JoeMercer'sWay said:
I'd want £25m+ written on the books in FFPR terms if he goes, and only with the proviso that it will go towards adding someone uber as well.

He was great for half a season but if he doesn't fancy it then there's no point keeping him, he's not irreplaceable and I think Manuel liked what he started to get from Edin at the end of last season. I think the difference is even if Dzeko has a stinker he still often finds a way to jab one in, whereas Negredo just looks completely out of it when he's out of form, to the point of coming across as fairly hopeless.

Also, I think Dzeko plays the lone forward role much much better than Negredo, who at times seemed lost without Aguero.

I think its becoming pretty clear now that Negredo is likely going to be sold this summer.

I can see us agreeing a deal at £20m with a first refusal on Angel Correa, a player we were interested in before Atletico managed to sign him.

sam-caddick said:
I think its becoming pretty clear now that Negredo is likely going to be sold this summer.

I can see us agreeing a deal at £20m with a first refusal on Angel Correa, a player we were interested in before Atletico managed to sign him.

That would be a good deal. In 3-4 years maybe he really will live up to the "next Aguero" title. Without the injuries of course.

It is disappointing that he hasn't quite settled to life in England despite some very encouraging early season performances. I am confident that the Club has this one covered in terms of a replacement and have been planning this during the second part of the season.

If Negredo is sold we must be bringing in a replacement , we would be really short of strikers , especially if Aguero has another injury hit season

ballinio said:
If Negredo is sold we must be bringing in a replacement , we would be really short of strikers , especially if Aguero has another injury hit season

We will replace him if he goes and I don't think we need to spend a fortune.

Txiki picked up Negredo for £16m, if he has done it before he can do it again.

sam-caddick said:
ballinio said:

We will replace him if he goes and I don't think we need to spend a fortune.

Txiki picked up Negredo for £16m, if he has done it before he can do it again.

Maybe we'd replace him (as a forward) with a 12 month loan coming in, someone experienced and at back end of career that's happy to be a bench warmer.

That way we keep the funds freed up.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.