Atletico supposedly after Negredo.....

Marvin said:
FantasyIreland said:
Tricky_Trev said:
People go on about his shoulder injury. What did he miss? About 1 game? I can't remember specifically how many, but it was a very routine and simple recovery. It was not a bad injury. Yet people seem to think it fully explains a 4 month goal drought? Not a chance.

Nonsense,he played(tried.....) through the injury,damage to the rotator cuff isn't a simple recovery
Was it confirmed as rotator cuff damage? If it was, I don't see how it would have inhibited him other than by making some movements uncomfortable.

I cannot recall but given the impact and reported inflammation I came to that conclusion.

IME such an injury affects your mobility and causes enough discomfort to restrict his game,and sleep...... attempting to play through such wouldn't have helped recovery.

Nastasic and Negredo....NOT FOR SALE!:)

No go for Nastasic, Negredo

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/manchester-city-transfers-matija-nastasic-7362777" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/ ... ic-7362777</a>

Manchester City have no intention of selling centre-back Matija Nastasic despite reports linking him with Juventus, and have repeated their stance that the Beast is going nowhere.

Manchester City have no intention of selling centre-back Matija Nastasic.

The 21-year-old Serb is one of the four centre-backs manager Manuel Pellegrini wants in his squad next season, along with Vincent Kompany, Martin Demichelis and either Eliaquim Mangala or Mehdi Benatia.

City are seeking to bring in a central defender, not lose another one, following the departure of Joleon Lescott.

Nastasic missed the last four months of last season with a mystery knee injury but made his playing comeback in the post-season friendly with Al Ain.

Mangala will determine his future after France’s World Cup campaign ends and City are maintaining interest in Benatia, although reports of a £30m bid are untrue.

Meanwhile Alvaro Negredo, who achieved cult status with Blues fans during his first season at the Etihad, is also not for sale.

Atletico Madrid head the list of clubs after Negredo, who finished the campaign on the bench following a loss of form.

But City are focusing on what one club source described as the Spaniard’s ‘sensational’ form in the first half of the season when he scored 23 goals in 33 appearances. And they will rebuff any moves from Atletico, who want Negredo to replace Diego Costa, and Tottenham who are the latest to be linked.

If the beast does go i wouldnt buy another striker similar as it showed in games last season 2 target men dont work and touchwood aguero and jovetic wont be injured nowhere near as much so id buy a very quick striker/winger but i hear sanchez is odds on arsenal or liverpool so di maria would be ideal

Out of all our signings the beast is the one I least expected to be "homesick"

He had a great 1/2 of the season, the rest was a write off, if we get the €25m being mooted then to me it represents a great recoup.

We would then need to spend it wisely in order to ensure we aren't left short.

He wasn't the player we thought he was the 2nd half of the season which is now obvious that he was homesick and couldn't settle. If he can't settle, get as much as we can for him and sell. If we have the player we had after jan, which he probably will be if he can't settle, then he will be 4th choice

forevermancity said:
He wasn't the player we thought he was the 2nd half of the season which is now obvious that he was homesick and couldn't settle. If he can't settle, get as much as we can for him and sell. If we have the player we had after jan, which he probably will be if he can't settle, then he will be 4th choice
or maybe just maybe he was injured and with the form of Dzeko and his injury he couldn't get his form back?

He was injured and played before it had settled and lost form,meanwhile dzeko was on fire and it suited us better to play one up front
The beast has not turned to crap neither is it "obvious he is homesick"
Christ this place sometimes,it's repeated in the press and it becomes true,the speed some of you turn on your own players is disgusting

karen7 said:
He was injured and played before it had settled and lost form,meanwhile dzeko was on fire and it suited us better to play one up front
The beast has not turned to crap neither is it "obvious he is homesick"
Christ this place sometimes,it's repeated in the press and it becomes true,the speed some of you turn on your own players is disgusting

I'm with you on this one Karen7..... until I hear him say he wants to go then I'm really hoping he stays.... hopefully the rest he's had with not being in the Spain squad and getting ready for pre-season will be enough to have him raring to go ....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.