Atmosphere - 2023/24

• Thread starter Deleted member 77198
  • Start date
Alcohol has been allowed since about 2019.

I notice they still have this bizarre situation where they cover up the signs on the Asahi pumps with black sticky tape for European games though. So you can still order it if you know it’s there but they can’t advertise it.

Apparently it’s some weird UEFA rule, that you can sell but can’t advertise any lager other than Heineken.

I notice they still have this bizarre situation where they cover up the signs on the Asahi pumps with black sticky tape for European games though. So you can still order it if you know it’s there but they can’t advertise it.

Apparently it’s some weird UEFA rule, that you can sell but can’t advertise any lager other than Heineken.
heineken hey.
uefa or whoever charged me excactly
£13.13 for 2 small warm cans of heineken in the fan zone Istanbul .

Would you rather one who’s miserable as f*ck the guy just tries to bring life to what was a lifeless stadium yesterday in the home sections.

All the advertising and promotion of all products and sponsors are controlled by UEFA on CL nights. Even the Etihad signs are covered over. I guess the companies who do sponsor the CL pay an absolute fortune, so only their products and services get promoted.

Anybody fancy crowdfunding an abduction of that dickhead stadium announcer ?

Pay a couple of yobs to steal a van, storage unit for a few months - £1000 would be plenty enough
It is the way of the world these days. Like the weather presenters on tv, they grab some attention and just want more and more! Quite like the bernardo chant, but don't overkill it.

Pretty much.

As much as I dislike how tepid our atmosphere can be whenever we play the bottom half of the Prem, if we get some guy with a megaphone telling us what to chant and when, I'll throw myself off of the third tier.

Orchestrated atmosphere isn't atmosphere.
Can’t agree more. If people are in to that shit they should join a marching band.

Definitely an age thing. Young lads like it. Fair enough
But as an old school fan.....I thought they were the worst away fans I've seen in years.
It's awful stuff to me. Premeditated & choreographed and zero reaction or relation to what is happening on the pitch.
It was like a performance art collective going through routines with props to wear, wave, throw and light up. I genuinely laughed at them.

But ......times move on and most like this now and think it impressive
Mate I'm only 18 and I completely agree, It's definitely a continental European thing. I honestly cannot be arsed going to my local in France anymore because the atmosphere is so boring and you can't do anything about it. They just sing the same song non-stop for 20 minutes then go on to the next. And nobody else in any non-ultra stand joins in. They barely react to the game. And if you try to make your own chant, the guy on the megaphone will tell you to shut the fuck up. And then they have the audacity to tell me english atmosphere's are shit and the etihad's atmosphere is dead.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.