Atmosphere - 2023/24

• Thread starter Deleted member 77198
  • Start date
I don’t believe Pep is being sarcastic to be honest. He just doesn’t have a clue about the people who sit there, or why they sit there.
Football Intellects like Pep didn’t grow up supporting and following a team all over Europe so you can’t really expect him to understand what it’s like to live in the shoes of loyal supporters. However he does know what a noisy crowd can do to lift the team when things arn’t going so well. He was used to having that at Bayern and Barcelona so I can see what he gets frustrated at times.

Last edited:
I walked up JMW and round to M1 and I saw half n halfs everywhere and I was honestly struggling to hear English being spoken.....I suppose 'locals' would be in the pub or not as giddy as 11.15-11.30 but it was a strange atmosphere outside and never really picked up inside. The best we managed in SS3 was a longish follow you everywhere, the dips were crap too.
I think the early KO did not help

Football Intellects like Pep didn’t grow up supporting and following a team all over Europe so you can’t really expect him to understand what it’s like to live in the shoes of loyal supporters. However he does know what a noisy crowd can do to lift the team when things arn’t going so well. He was used to having that at Bayern and Barcelona so I can see what he gets frustrated at times.
He never got that at barca have you attended a league game there? It's a fucking morgue

He never got that at barca have you attended a league game there? It's a fucking morgue
A club funnelling money into a company run by the head of the Spanish referees association didn't need atmosphere to swing a game in their favour.
The last twenty minutes would have been bouncing had our second goal been allowed.

Reactions: PPT
Fucking irony of Pep waving his arms in front of the CB.

I sat there for years Pep and alongside 100's of other former Kippax fella's, we never needed any bullshit cheer leading from the manager to encourage us to get behind our team.

Quite the contrary in fact. Your predecessors knew we were there, so did our subs, so did the opposition bench and manager. As did the snides in the media rows.

But you decided to sell them out to all other parts of the stadium so that you could implement your tunnel vision club.

You reap what you sow.
Good points. The few times I do go to City these days are generally pretty enjoyable experiences, fantastic football played by very talented players coached by the best manager in the world in a great stadium.
There is though without doubt though a feeling of 'here we are now, entertain us' (thankyou Kurt!) from some of the newer (touristy type?) fans'. Though maybe that is somewhat inevitable in the circumstances.
The light shows are impressive and I used to quite like some of the bands at City Square (thought that DJ was bloody awful though!) However it can feel very sanitised at times(like most modern football grounds) and I can totally understand why longer standing legacy fans/FOCs feel alienated to an extent.
City treat the fans like most car insurance companies, it doesn't matter how long you've been with them, you're just a commodity that can be bled dry for more money.
The best atmosphere I can remember at a home game was the Wigan 2nd division play off Semi final. That night at Maine Road was pure adrenaline and passion from the home fans, absolute determination to help the club get out of that shit situation. The support that night was fantastic (if maybe the football wasn't!) No gimmicks or criticism needed that night.
Not sure if I've just contradicted myself over the last couple of paragraphs re: atmosphere etc reading it back!The club have come so far and football is a very different beast these days and we've seen stuff we could only dream about years ago.
However, in my opinion the club as a whole and maybe our manager (brilliant though he is) are pretty good at pissing off the longer standing support it must be said. Yeah, we know we're lucky etc and privileged to witness what we have seen, but a lot of us have certainly paid for it (not only financially but in terms of the absolute shite we've had to witness to get here)!! Maybe the club as a whole need to recognise this more maybe it has gone too far the other way...or am I just being a bit too sensitive and idealustic ??

Good points. The few times I do go to City these days are generally pretty enjoyable experiences, fantastic football played by very talented players coached by the best manager in the world in a great stadium.
There is though without doubt though a feeling of 'here we are now, entertain us' (thankyou Kurt!) from some of the newer (touristy type?) fans'. Though maybe that is somewhat inevitable in the circumstances.
The light shows are impressive and I used to quite like some of the bands at City Square (thought that DJ was bloody awful though!) However it can feel very sanitised at times(like most modern football grounds) and I can totally understand why longer standing legacy fans/FOCs feel alienated to an extent.
City treat the fans like most car insurance companies, it doesn't matter how long you've been with them, you're just a commodity that can be bled dry for more money.
The best atmosphere I can remember at a home game was the Wigan 2nd division play off Semi final. That night at Maine Road was pure adrenaline and passion from the home fans, absolute determination to help the club get out of that shit situation. The support that night was fantastic (if maybe the football wasn't!) No gimmicks or criticism needed that night.
Not sure if I've just contradicted myself over the last couple of paragraphs re: atmosphere etc reading it back!The club have come so far and football is a very different beast these days and we've seen stuff we could only dream about years ago.
However, in my opinion the club as a whole and maybe our manager (brilliant though he is) are pretty good at pissing off the longer standing support it must be said. Yeah, we know we're lucky etc and privileged to witness what we have seen, but a lot of us have certainly paid for it (not only financially but in terms of the absolute shite we've had to witness to get here)!! Maybe the club as a whole need to recognise this more maybe it has gone too far the other way...or am I just being a bit too sensitive and idealustic ??
Some great points there, us at a certain age have paid financially and emotionally for years, and we are getting our rewards back in spades now, for how much longer who knows, ages yet I'd have hoped.

I concur that the Wigan game that night back at Maine Road was electric, however there have been plenty more since that were louder and passionate, 2 x winning the league games immediately spring to mind for a start!

I've never heard a roar at City when we got that third v Villa, arguably louder than the QPR game, well at the Etihad I mean.

I've had time now to think a bit more since Saturday lunchtime, and I'm still a bit pissed with Pep doing what he does, mainly because he's making us easier targets for the media and other fans, but they will never see a rollercoaster what we've all been on till the day they die, and Pep also needs to recognise the lifeblood of the club, although his bosses seem to judge it differently.

There have been many good posts on this thread, even more so since Saturday, but him being a cheer leader does not sit well with me at all, but like I've said on here already, we know he appreciates the away following more than the home crowd, one day he may look at it differently, but don't think he will.

If he thought Saturday was bad, I dread to think what tomorrow will bring, for what is basically a dead rubber

Reactions: PPT

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.