Atmosphere - 2023/24

• Thread starter Deleted member 77198
  • Start date
The truth is we can be amongst the best if not the best for atmosphere & noise but that is never mentioned by the media or praised by anyone & we can be as quiet & subdued as a lot of other places including the rags & dippers but as soon as we are its highlighted by the media, other fans & our manager.

People have short term memories of what the atmosphere was like against Bayern and Madrid in the spring. Crowds in England are always reactionary to what’s happening on the pitch, City looked like they were going backwards at time during the game on Saturday and afforded Liverpool way to much of the hall compared to other teams. That flatness would have fed into the crowd.

All baldy has done is give us a rod for our own back. Sticking the boot in on talksport this morning - maybe we are bored of winning! Stick to picking the team Josep and speak to your gaffers about the prawn sarnie and Prosecco brigade that sit behind you.

I recall that when they put the tickets on sale for non-season ticket holders, for all of our home matches at once this season, the Liverpool, United and Arsenal games were already “greyed out”. To judge from the half and half scarf quotient present on Saturday, it wouldn’t surprise me if none of those, what, 12k to 15k, tickets was sold to long time, Mancunian, City fans.
I’m tired of Pep loading the gun for our enemies to take pot shots at us. He needs to train his sights on the club’s owners, not the supporters

People have short term memories of what the atmosphere was like against Bayern and Madrid in the spring. Crowds in England are always reactionary to what’s happening on the pitch, City looked like they were going backwards at time during the game on Saturday and afforded Liverpool way to much of the hall compared to other teams. That flatness would have fed into the crowd.
Maybe it's the fact that we have a different crowd at Champion league games , If you can't generate an atmosphere against your title rivals then it's a poor show in my opinion, I'm seventy plus and still like to sing at games, I have a group who sit near me and a more interested in shoving the shitty beer down there necks in the corporate bar than watching the game.

See that’s we differ you tool. You wouldn’t be sitting next to me. I stand and sing, clearly you sit in the quiet corner with your half & half scarf. Then harp on about poor support. I get it, it’s your first season ticket, you’re excited, but deluded.

Poor support. Bollocks!

I recall that when they put the tickets on sale for non-season ticket holders, for all of our home matches at once this season, the Liverpool, United and Arsenal games were already “greyed out”. To judge from the half and half scarf quotient present on Saturday, it wouldn’t surprise me if none of those, what, 12k to 15k, tickets was sold to long time, Mancunian, City fans.
I’m tired of Pep loading the gun for our enemies to take pot shots at us. He needs to train his sights on the club’s owners, not the supporters
Post of the day that mate. Let’s all stick to the agenda. It’s Pep being a mard arse and should be directing his frustrations at the owners, not us. Complete shit response from Pep. Needs to own his shit.

Reactions: PPT
I genuinely don't think he understands how much his comments piss people off. As you allude to people make huge sacrifices to be there. I was awake about 5am and had about 4 hours sleep. Like everybody else I'm paying a fair bit for the privilege of being there. Bus broke down on the way back too etc. Then you get these comments off somebody whose getting paid very handsomely to be there knocking the support in his lavish Stone Island jumper. Not those in the stands scrimping and saving all week to be in attendance. He annoyed me last season too after the Spurs game midweek and am getting back through the door at 1.30am or whatever it was on a Wednesday or Thursday morning. Other fans taking pot shots the following day after a decent nights sleep and not spending a penny. It is irritating.

I think the tweet by City is in response to his comments and probably wouldn't have been posted otherwise. Somebody at the club should just tell him not to comment on it and he's only making himself look daft trying to gee up the tunnel club.

Don't want to sound ungrateful as I love the guy and we're very fortunate to have him. I think we all just have to accept he's very ignorant to the changing demographic of those in attendance and the repercussions City fans face from his comments.
He’s a perfectionist. He wants more noise more atmosphere. He’s not pissed me off. The sublime football we play warrants an amazing atmosphere even if we play at 2 in the morning. It’s a dire atmosphere at times and he’s right. It’s not much better elsewhere with new stadia. It can be like a morgue at times. Away support is amazing home support a lot of the time is dire. These are facts. A Kippax that never had anything to shout about would embrace this fine world class side.

He’s a perfectionist. He wants more noise more atmosphere. He’s not pissed me off. The sublime football we play warrants an amazing atmosphere even if we play at 2 in the morning. It’s a dire atmosphere at times and he’s right. It’s not much better elsewhere with new stadia. It can be like a morgue at times. Away support is amazing home support a lot of the time is dire. These are facts. A Kippax that never had anything to shout about would embrace this fine world class side.
Tell him to go to a concert then, blokes a mard arse.

Reactions: PPT
So everybody can be involved to create atmosphere on sunday, maybe like vs Madrid or Arsenal. I´m from germany and it is totally different, because it is another fan culture, but when I´m in the Etihad, I`ll sing, clap and give my best, to support the team.

If anyone thinks the Kippax was a boiling, seething, cauldron of excitement and atmosphere at every single game, then their memory is completely shot, and they are sadly mistaken. We are no worse or no better than the vast majority of other PL teams.

Pep needs to take his head out of his arse on this one and shut the fuck up. I don't care who he is, or what he has won, but he needs to stop repeatedly criticising the loyal fans the club has and stop giving ammunition and oxygen to our critics and enemies. He's out of order. We will all still be here when he and his mates have long gone.

Maybe it's the fact that we have a different crowd at Champion league games , If you can't generate an atmosphere against your title rivals then it's a poor show in my opinion, I'm seventy plus and still like to sing at games, I have a group who sit near me and a more interested in shoving the shitty beer down there necks in the corporate bar than watching the game.
Well said mr old school. Get behind them. Pep is right again. It is poor. You keep singing mate hopefully your positive reaction will have an effect on others and will join in. Loads around me too busy on their phones and getting beers in.

A lot of people on here are blaming "tourists" for the atmosphere. Meanwhile, every time I am at the Etihad, I see a lot of locals being there out of habit for social purposes, eating, drinking, going on their phones, leaving early, doing everything but singing. Usually, I am the only one trying to get a chant going, and I am not a local. The point is, too many here are pointing fingers, forgetting that our best atmosphere last season came against Bayern and Real, the two games widely criticised for selling a lot of tickets to the tourists, the same people who travel from abroad to see the game, and stay to the end to applaud the team. Sure, most will probably not initiate a chant, but to blame them for our atmosphere is laughable. Of course, I am not talking about people not even following City and simply being there to post an Instagram story. Or worse, the opposition fans in our sectors. I would report these to the nearest steward or send one of those anonymous texts. Overall, everyone should just make an effort wherever they sit because the so-called "tourists" are here to stay. Making City a global team is a good thing. If it wasn't for them, our home CL group stages games wouldn't sell out, and the attendance overall would be much worse.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.