Atmosphere - 2023/24

• Thread starter Deleted member 77198
  • Start date
Tourist club - wouldn’t be surprised if the new stand is declared a neutral end.

Put on another thread that we are following the Barca path in hoping to attract thousands of tourist every week.

Barca used to get up to 20k tourists every home game at the Nou Camp paying €120 a ticket. Yet the tourist have all found better things to do now Barca are playing at at athletics stadium whilst the Nou Camp is refurbed and they had 34k there on Sunday for their 2nd biggest game of the season. Slippery slope.

City putting all the tickets for the season up for sale in August is part of the scam.

They hope nobody notices that they skim thousands of the tickets for the big games to be sold via agencies for £250.

They offer to buy your seasonticket off you for full price - but they never go up for sale on the site - they are sent to international agencies for tourist sales.

My block is all season ticket - yet this season I’ve had to tell some international tourist to get out of my seat at 3 games - including a fucking Liverpool fan 2 weeks ago.
Good post mate, and an accurate description of where we are now.

As others have said in recent days, we need a Supporters’ Trust to call out these major issues which are systematically driving away those of us who were there during the shit times.

The City Matters group may have the best of intentions but everything seems to be falling on deaf ears. Time to have a rethink and mobilise.

Last edited:
If the Matt responding is the person I'm thinking of, he's actually a sound guy.

Let's say he's gone above and beyond to stop fans from getting banned or in worse trouble a few times. He's on the south stand every home game and chats to fans.

I' know we've always had a dislike for them for results on the pitch against us, but never realised how much truth Chelsea fans say about Spurs.
Spurs came in the kippax away section at 5 past 3 once. Dibble stupidly thought no one was coming and let us stand in their bit...they stormed in and after some battling the police separated us and put temp barriers up between us (1977, 5 - 0?) It was mayhem all game . Cunts inside and ouside. Some of them were seriously hurt outside .......oh well.

Then came 1981 the replay ...City fan stabbed by Spurs on the car park holding his stomach.

Hated them for donkeys years not just for results. Proper not right cunts.

If the Matt responding is the person I'm thinking of, he's actually a sound guy.

Let's say he's gone above and beyond to stop fans from getting banned or in worse trouble a few times. He's on the south stand every home game and chats to fans.

No he doesn't get it, like a lot in these positions at clubs or in the media. He's taken a frustrated football fans rant in a tweet as being abusive. He's taken it personally instead of it being a fan fed up with being surrounded by tourists, often supporting our opposition, in the home end. That's the way of the world now, everyone is offended if somebody complains or has a different opinion. He's in a customer service role he needs to grow a bit of a thicker skin.

TBH I really don’t give a fuck anymore. I honestly stopped bothering about the atmosphere quite a while a go, even though I do post on this thread. It’s more of a habit than anything else.

I‘ve missed a few PL homes this season for personal reasons. Like every other City fan I get bombarded by texts from City asking me to ’tout’ my match ticket to them on the ticket exchange. Not once have I touted my ticket to City, nor will I ever. As long as I continue to buy my season ticket, attend as many home matches as I can, City will never get one of my PL match tickets, even if it remains unused. I would rather give the ticket away for nothing or sell it at face value to another local, Legacy, FOC, City fan.

One more thing. I got stopped at the entrance to block 115 on Sunday. I was told to show my season ticket to prove I stand in that block, otherwise I would not be allowed into the block. There were 6 stewards at the entrance to the block. I’ve been stood in that block since it was made a singing section. How many years is that? I’m in 1894. I’ve helped with the flags, banners, displays, doing that in my own time, along with the other 1894 lads, etc.

Last edited:
Genuinely do hope we get relegated, it would weed out all the tourists and we’d get our club back.

If the price of success is that we lose our club, then what was the point of it all?

We kind of knew if we got success from the takeover that this would be a price of that success. As we hadn't had any success for thirty five years we just didn't realise how impactful it would be. For me I can now happily step away from live games after watching the Aguero moment live and lots of other trophies being lifted. I actually find going to games a chore now. The shit transport, sanitisation of it all, tourist fans everywhere blocking the way taking pictures, announcers cheerleading, over zealous stewards, our club quick to jump on us but do nothing to defend us from opposition fans attacks and constant media lies, belittlement and slanderous articles. Easier to sit at home in the warmth and watch it on the TV.

The club need to be careful what they are cultivating though. Once Pep and his mates leave and the trophies dry up so will the tourists. Once the local fans are gone they're gone forever.

matt durcan I believe it is.

he embarrassed himself around this time last year over shameful emails sent regarding the scousers in ss lvl 3, siding with them lot opposed to backing up blues.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.