Atmosphere - 2023/24

• Thread starter Deleted member 77198
  • Start date
I don’t think the Etihad is any worse or better than any other stadium in respect of atmosphere

Over a season it probably isn’t. But the continuing narrative played out across the media and other fan bases, mainly the red shirts, for obvious reasons, say‘s the Etihad does have a poor atmosphere. Having the poor atmosphere brought up every now and again in public, cough, certainly isn’t helping.

Really? Perhaps I didn’t hear City fans in the Kippax, the North stand, the Platt Lane, and the Gene Kelly singing? :-)

How can I be making scapegoats if it’s the truth?

Ask Pep why he was trying to get the CBS and other parts of the Etihad to sing and to support the team against Liverpool. On-going.

Why do Newcastle fans support, sing, and create an atmosphere in all 4 of stands and we don’t, bar for the biggest games like Arsenal and Real Madrid last season?

It’s not about making scapegoats or sayin SSL1 is better than other stands and tiers, it‘s about wanting as many city fans as possible in every stand to join in supporting the team, instead of sitting their in complete silence, looking at their mobiles, taking videos, taking pictures, taking selfies, etc.

Look at our away support which is mostly Legacy, FOC’s and local City fans, it’s superb. It’s one of the best away supports in the country. Our away support only dips now and again in London as more away tickets tent to find their way to tourists and day trippers. Which has also happened at United and Liverpool.
And other days at Maine Road it was shit just like it is now but blaming city, Soriano etc is poor, thousands of city fans who have been going for years don't sing, whose fault is that ?

Eitihad pisses over Maine Road for memories and I'm a foc

All subjective. I had more good times with mates at Maine Road than at Eastlands.
The atmosphere all seems very 'forced' and 'manufactured' to me nowadays, and (particularly since Pep's arrival) the club seems to have lost touch with 'legacy' supporters.
Just my opinion, but nowadays I get just as much enjoyment watching on TV as I did watching from the Etihad stands.

Really? Perhaps I didn’t hear City fans in the Kippax, the North stand, the Platt Lane, and the Gene Kelly singing? :-)

How can I be making scapegoats if it’s the truth?

Ask Pep why he was trying to get the CBS and other parts of the Etihad to sing and to support the team against Liverpool. On-going.

Why do Newcastle fans support, sing, and create an atmosphere in all 4 of stands and we don’t, bar for the biggest games like Arsenal and Real Madrid last season?

It’s not about making scapegoats or sayin SSL1 is better than other stands and tiers, it‘s about wanting as many city fans as possible in every stand to join in supporting the team, instead of sitting their in complete silence, looking at their mobiles, taking videos, taking pictures, taking selfies, etc.

Look at our away support which is mostly Legacy, FOC’s and local City fans, it’s superb. It’s one of the best away supports in the country. Our away support only dips now and again in London as more away tickets tent to find their way to tourists and day trippers. Which has also happened at United and Liverpool.
I’m guessing you didn’t go to Newcastle earlier this season.

All subjective. I had more good times with mates at Maine Road than at Eastlands.
The atmosphere all seems very 'forced' and 'manufactured' to me nowadays, and (particularly since Pep's arrival) the club seems to have lost touch with 'legacy' supporters.
Just my opinion, but nowadays I get just as much enjoyment watching on TV as I did watching from the Etihad stands.
Each to their own...

And other days at Maine Road it was shit just like it is now but blaming city, Soriano etc is poor, thousands of city fans who have been going for years don't sing, whose fault is that ?
3 stands sit in complete silence every game. That’s the fault of our supporters which I totally agree.

However, the people running the club ( not blaming Soriano as there are people that will be far more hands on for Matchday stuff than he is ) are to blame as they have done nothing whatsoever for a number of years to engage supporters.

In fact they have decided to do the exact opposite.

It’s the clubs fault they roll out the red carpet for tourists, neutrals and fans of other clubs at the expense of long term supporters.

It’s the clubs fault that games sold out in August magically have hundreds of empty seats in December.

It’s the clubs fault that fans of other clubs are sitting amongst us every week.

It’s the clubs fault that away games are filled with corporate guests and international guests with no interest in City and even fans of the away team.

it’s the clubs fault they set up the sham City Matters forum then ignore everything that is raised but happy that a few boxes have been ticked.

They could sort out many of these problems very quickly but they don’t give a fuck about us.

I agree. I posted our support has to take some of the blame. So do the people running the club. The club has slowly and systematically pushed out legacy fans and replaced them with new fans who spend more money on a match day. The way available and lapsed season tickets have been turned into match day tickets instead. The use of 3rd party online ticket agencies to shift tickets. We're all responsible in one way or another for the deteriorating match day atmosphere at the Etihad. There was an improvement in the atmosphere last season and at the start of this season. We need to get the atmosphere back to those levels again. :-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.