Atmosphere - 2023/24

• Thread starter Deleted member 77198
  • Start date
What price is a ticket for the theatre or a concert ? The same mate
I get what you’re saying, but I don’t think you can compare those things. Most people don’t go to the theatre or a concert every week for 3/4 of the year.

There’s also different demographics and I’d say it’s often cheaper to go to the theatre or a show than it is to go to the football.

I get what you’re saying, but I don’t think you can compare those things. Most people don’t go to the theatre or a concert every week for 3/4 of the year.

There’s also different demographics and I’d say it’s often cheaper to go to the theatre or a show than it is to go to the football.
That's why a season ticket is half the price but for someone who might only go for 2/3 games a year £70 is the going rate for live entertainment. ( I'm not saying it's right by the way)

I'd love cheaper tickets, but that would just drive demand for tourists not dampen it.

And honestly I've not seen any evidence that City are giving agencies preferential treatment. We are a hot ticket and gray market sellers do what gray market sellers do for hot tickets.

I'm very pro cheaper tickets, but £71 is the going rate for PL tickets, and cheaper tickets just means tourists and touts pay less. Given this is the atmosphere thread I don't think charging, say, a flat £50 will entice fans who have drifted away back nor materially change the type of matchday crowd.

I don't for one second think the club are selling batch tickets to secondary market sellers as I don't think it is worth their time or effort to do so. The £30 is partly to try and limit that, though clearly it's not negating it entirely.

My main point is really pushing back a touch on the narrative that has taken hold here that if only City charged £x then x number of traditional blues would stream back and the atmosphere problem, if it is a problem, would be solved. I don't think it's that simple.
I find it a strange opinion to say that lowering the ticket price by £20+ for a match wouldn't entice local fans back.

That's why a season ticket is half the price but for someone who might only go for 2/3 games a year £70 is the going rate for live entertainment. ( I'm not saying it's right by the way)

I think £70 is way too high a price for one off matches. It’s only been around that price for the last couple of years.

Only two examples, I paid £77 for next years Liam Gallagher concert, which is a two hour show. I saw the blues brothers musical for £30. I’d say value for money and cost wise it’s more expensive to go to city games than a lot of live entertainment.

What price is a ticket for the theatre or a concert ? The same mate
Difference with a concert is its a one off event. You dont go and see “insert pop star” every other week at the appollo and then travel round the country watching them on the alternate weeks.

Football tickets are too expensive

I find it a strange opinion to say that lowering the ticket price by £20+ for a match wouldn't entice local fans back.
My argument is that I don't think there are 1000s and 10000s of former fans desperate to come to the game for £50 but not for £70. The "priced out" fans have stopped coming for a lot of complex reasons - demographic, social, economic, political - and I think their numbers are exaggerated by some on here. I don't see how you entice those fans back, but keep tourists away, at that price point without getting really UKIPY about how you distribute tickets that are bound to fail at the first attempt.

But I'm very, very pro £50 tickets, and I'd be thrilled if that allows a few more families to come to games. I just don't think it would make a jot of difference to the atmosphere.

What is currently stopping the local fans who have season tickets from singing?

Forget about tourists, prices, etc, etc. if we want to improve the atmosphere, we need to understand why thousands (upon thousands) of people choose to be quieter than a mouse fart.

Pep demands noise, we all want it.

But, unfortunately, we have to accept that at least 50% of people just turn up to be entertained and not get involved.

I wonder what the average age of season ticket holders is...

No, I didn't. I don't go to as many away games as I used to. Work, etc.
City fans spent the whole first half singing "Is this a library", "Where's your famous atmosphere?", "Shall we sign a sing for you" to a silent stadium, and it was a much bigger game for them than it was for us. You are suffering confirnmation bias again.

My argument is that I don't think there are 1000s and 10000s of former fans desperate to come to the game for £50 but not for £70. The "priced out" fans have stopped coming for a lot of complex reasons - demographic, social, economic, political - and I think their numbers are exaggerated by some on here. I don't see how you entice those fans back, but keep tourists away, at that price point without getting really UKIPY about how you distribute tickets that are bound to fail at the first attempt.

But I'm very, very pro £50 tickets, and I'd be thrilled if that allows a few more families to come to games. I just don't think it would make a jot of difference to the atmosphere.
You’re probably right, however £70 plus is unjustifiable, United and Liverpool for example don’t charge that.

It’s everything on top that adds to the problem though, tickets being syphoned off for online agencies, zero sales criteria for big games, we don’t know when, if ever, season tickets are going back on sale, and the last time they went on sale there was no form of waiting list or ticket points criteria used, it was a free for all. Nobody else does this.

There is zero communication with the supporters and it’s disgusting.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.