Atmosphere - 2023/24

• Thread starter Deleted member 77198
  • Start date
That’s one of the reasons why the face to face meetings with the fans was stopped. All the Legacy and FOC’s ever did was complain. ;-) You could see the City representatives thinking here we go again. :-(

There are two ways you can look at complaints. They can be viewed as whinging, or they can be looked at as extremely experienced fans, making some valid points amongst the whinging, that could be used to improve things. Every meeting in whatever concept is usually a lot of pointing out things that people are not happy with and/or can be improved.
The reason the City representatives thought "here we go again" was because they never answered the questions asked by the fans.
And when they held consultations they ignored concerns raised, hence why we have a silent hospitality bit in the middle of SS2 which is supposed to be a section generating noise. - Joe's and 93:20 should have been at the north end as the second tiers on the east and CB stands did add a bit to the atmosphere.

Memories maybe - subjective of course - Atmosphere - debatable
The atmosphere is only good on certain games. Maine Road was hardly rocking at home to Southampton or Coventry for example. I think time means nostalgia takes over. Without Environmental Health providing comparable acoustic readings we will never know!

It's always been like that, Maine Road the same, stop making scapegoats.

Really? Perhaps I didn’t hear City fans in the Kippax, the North stand, the Platt Lane, and the Gene Kelly singing? :-)

How can I be making scapegoats if it’s the truth?

Ask Pep why he was trying to get the CBS and other parts of the Etihad to sing and to support the team against Liverpool. On-going.

Why do Newcastle fans support, sing, and create an atmosphere in all 4 of stands and we don’t, bar for the biggest games like Arsenal and Real Madrid last season?

It’s not about making scapegoats or sayin SSL1 is better than other stands and tiers, it‘s about wanting as many city fans as possible in every stand to join in supporting the team, instead of sitting their in complete silence, looking at their mobiles, taking videos, taking pictures, taking selfies, etc.

Look at our away support which is mostly Legacy, FOC’s and local City fans, it’s superb. It’s one of the best away supports in the country. Our away support only dips now and again in London as more away tickets tent to find their way to tourists and day trippers. Which has also happened at United and Liverpool.

Last edited:
The atmosphere is only good on certain games. Maine Road was hardly rocking at home to Southampton or Coventry for example. I think time means nostalgia takes over. Without Environmental Health providing comparable acoustic readings we will never know!

It was against Spurs in the FA Cup. Ask the grounds man and GMP. ;-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.