Atmosphere - 2023/24

• Thread starter Deleted member 77198
  • Start date
Eh? I'm not talking about our away support. I'm talking about NEwcastle's home support which you basiclly said "Why can't we be like them?". I'm pointing out that they are not the hotbed of noise you made them out to be and that just a couple of months ago their stadium was silent for our visit until late in the game when they were chasing the win.

Just like our stadium actually.
Newcastle is a totally different entity for many reasons too.
A one team town massively has an effect on fuelling the obsession.
The ground is right in the city centre.
Demographically its been a tough town to live and to an extent the footy was all they had.
Also have smoke blown up their arses for donkeys years

Of course all those reasons make it pathetic that newcastle were dipping into 4 figures for crowds and averaged 13,000 one year.

They aint all that either

Newcastle is a totally different entity for many reasons too.
A one team town massively has an effect on fuelling the obsession.
The ground is right in the city centre.
Demographically its been a tough town to live and to an extent the footy was all they had.
Also have smoke blown up their arses for donkeys years

Of course all those reasons make it pathetic that newcastle were dipping into 4 figures for crowds and averaged 13,000 one year.

They aint all that either
They are also currently riding the first wave of success that their new owners have brought, like us 10-12 years ago. But even thentheir stadium, like STamford Bridge or Anfield or Old Trafford, is quiet for some games and loud for others. Our stadium can be too quiet at times but so can all the other big ones. As fans we often get on a bit of a "bad run" mid-season like the team, especailly when new songs are spreading.

My Liverpool mate was at Anfield at the weekend and he said it was like a morgue for 88 minutes and like a cauldron for 5 minutes. That sounds familiar to me.

Why should the loyal fans have to make up the numbers for games with less demand, but as soon as a big game comes around they're immediately turfed out for people with big wallets.

I agree that some agencies do work on their own, however I've seen too much to believe that the club doesn't work directly with these agencies.

I've said it before, but at Arsenal away this year there were 20 people on holiday from China, whose tickets were part of the holiday package. These 20 tickets were all together in a block.

You can't tell me that 20 tickets together in the away end has nothing to do with the club
I think the club fucked up massively on how they organized the Real Madrid game, but I don't think there is anything they can do about fans and touts selling on their tickets to international millionaires who don't care how much it costs them to get a ticket. I can get tickets for the United vs Chelsea game tonight in any part of the stadium. What are the economics for the club to make it worth their while? With enough money and goodwill I can buy a ticket for any event in the world apart from maybe Glastonbury. We can put names and addresses on tickets with ID checks, but I think that would fuck as many regular City fans over as not.

We're unbeaten in all competitions at home all year, with only one home game left to see the year out.
Surely our home support has played some sort of part in achieving that.

There was a gobby spurs fan singing that shit Sterling scored and var song before the game trying to wind blues up.
He had a kid with him but was quite gobby and looking for trouble..some blue went up to him and said shut up or you will get twatted by someone eventually..he carried on being gobby and he nearly got twatted and hid behind his kid before going up to the police and saying some blue was trying to cause trouble...they are a fucking odd bunch.

Saw him on the tram stop at Piccadilly, has to be the same guy, with kid with him, I said he will get twatted when he gets up near ground if he continues with that.

Was singing it when we saw him

Why should the loyal fans have to make up the numbers for games with less demand, but as soon as a big game comes around they're immediately turfed out for people with big wallets.

I agree that some agencies do work on their own, however I've seen too much to believe that the club doesn't work directly with these agencies.

I've said it before, but at Arsenal away this year there were 20 people on holiday from China, whose tickets were part of the holiday package. These 20 tickets were all together in a block.

You can't tell me that 20 tickets together in the away end has nothing to do with the club

I agree with what you’re saying. There are large numbers of tickets being given to ticket agencies. There are rows of seats that are always greyed out and often they are filled with day trippers or in lots of cases, away fans. It’s the same for away games. The club are clearly involved.

For some of our biggest games ordinary fans can’t get tickets or these seats are often empty because of this. There’s no transparency from the club on this.

Personally I think it’s a joke and we need to speak out against the club on this

Eh? I'm not talking about our away support. I'm talking about NEwcastle's home support which you basiclly said "Why can't we be like them?". I'm pointing out that they are not the hotbed of noise you made them out to be and that just a couple of months ago their stadium was silent for our visit until late in the game when they were chasing the win.

Just like our stadium actually.

I bumped into a few match going Geordies the week after the Liverpool match, they mentioned Peps comments and highlighted similar issues at their ground since the takeover.

Ive said it before the Etihad is as good as anywhere on its day, sure for some matches it would be great if it was better, but no ground or fans in the Premier league is markedly if at all better.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.