Atmosphere - 2023/24

• Thread starter Deleted member 77198
  • Start date
Now is the time the lads really need our support. There’s a load of hiding behind “tourists” and “corporate” excuses on here. If everyone who can, sang loud and proud, the Etihad would be rocking.

The atmosphere was good a lot of the time last season so the common denominator this season is complacency amongst our fan base. I know some of you want to blame the tram lol.

Agree with this.

The tourists aren’t the reason for the poor atmosphere most of the time. It’s people like me and you who have been going for 40 years. The majority of our fans don’t raise their voice once during a game and when they do we are 3-0.

It was always the same. I have 30 years of Maine Road under my belt and know that. The difference now is that we are watching our most successful team ever but we still give excuses for our often lazy support.

Agree with this.

The tourists aren’t the reason for the poor atmosphere most of the time. It’s people like me and you who have been going for 40 years. The majority of our fans don’t raise their voice once during a game and when they do we are 3-0.

It was always the same. I have 30 years of Maine Road under my belt and know that. The difference now is that we are watching our most successful team ever but we still give excuses for our often lazy support.
Spot on Mike. These are our greatest times. Maine Road could be rocking one week and quiet the next. It was hard to fathom.

It’s enough for me for Pep to say we need to be louder. This great team deserves louder support.

RE: Concerts / Theatre. These are more one off events. I’ve never seen the Manic Street Preachers and I’ve seen Morrissey once. I’d watch neither 19 times a year.

Now is the time the lads really need our support. There’s a load of hiding behind “tourists” and “corporate” excuses on here. If everyone who can, sang loud and proud, the Etihad would be rocking.

The atmosphere was good a lot of the time last season so the common denominator this season is complacency amongst our fan base. I know some of you want to blame the tram lol.
3 stands have barely made a peep for 10 years so that ain’t ever changing.

Silent for the game then fuck off with 10 mins to go regardless of the result.

At least the tourists stay till the end - although that is probably to do with them filming the match in it entirety on their IPAD.

3 stands have barely made a peep for 10 years so that ain’t ever changing.

Silent for the game then fuck off with 10 mins to go regardless of the result.

At least the tourists stay till the end - although that is probably to do with them filming the match in it entirety on their IPAD.
I’ve said this before but some of the best atmospheres we’ve had (like last season’s big Champs League nights),some chants went around the ground that started in the North Stand.

I thinks there people making an effort in all the stands. Just not enough of them.

I’ve said this before but some of the best atmospheres we’ve had (like last season’s big Champs League nights),some chants went around the ground that started in the North Stand.

I thinks there people making an effort in all the stands. Just not enough of them.

The odd thing is that the semi against Madrid probably had more tourists than any other game we’ve ever played there. It felt like every ‘old-school’ blue in the ground contributed and made it a fantastic atmosphere.

If the song going round the ground is Ten Hag is a fucking clown then I’m not surprised.

City fans spent the whole first half singing "Is this a library", "Where's your famous atmosphere?", "Shall we sign a sing for you" to a silent stadium, and it was a much bigger game for them than it was for us. You are suffering confirnmation bias again.
The myth surrounding Newcastle’s “fanatical” support is almost as overstated as it is with the dippers.

During their game v the rags a sweeping aerial shot of the stands was accompanied by gushing comments informing us how hard it is to get a ticket for a home game (is their avg crowd as a percentage of capacity any bigger than ours ??) and later the commentator was almost badgering McCoist to comment on what a wonderful place it is to play football in front of such passionate fans blah blah blah - a full bingo card of atmosphere cliches were ticked off, most of them imaginary.

You get the same nonsense spoken about atmosphere at Everton as well regardless of the often funereal vibe of Goodison Park

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.