Atmosphere - 2023/24

• Thread starter Deleted member 77198
  • Start date
They are also currently riding the first wave of success that their new owners have brought, like us 10-12 years ago. But even thentheir stadium, like STamford Bridge or Anfield or Old Trafford, is quiet for some games and loud for others. Our stadium can be too quiet at times but so can all the other big ones. As fans we often get on a bit of a "bad run" mid-season like the team, especailly when new songs are spreading.

My Liverpool mate was at Anfield at the weekend and he said it was like a morgue for 88 minutes and like a cauldron for 5 minutes. That sounds familiar to me.
Yep totally agree with all of that. Its all new and exciting for newc

Our atmosphere is second to none when it really needs to be. This part of the season is the grind part. Keep in touch with the leaders. Not a lot to get giddy about.
Come feb/march when in the past we have started to hit title winning form , our fans kick in too.

The games v arsenal and Real were fuckin electric atmospheres. As good as ive experienced

What is currently stopping the local fans who have season tickets from singing?

Forget about tourists, prices, etc, etc. if we want to improve the atmosphere, we need to understand why thousands (upon thousands) of people choose to be quieter than a mouse fart.

Pep demands noise, we all want it.

But, unfortunately, we have to accept that at least 50% of people just turn up to be entertained and not get involved.

I wonder what the average age of season ticket holders is...
Exactly, on a side note im in 119 its the younger ones who don't sing, I've been singing my heart out for 50 years backing the blues, some of these young ones need a kick up the arse !!!

Honestly, I'm sympathetic to various degrees on all these points. The only one I'm unsure of is the ticket agency stuff, I don't think it's the club doing that, but everything else I agree on. Not defending the club at all, I just don't like some of the "local club for local people" tone of some of the earlier posts as I think the atmosphere debate is a lot more nuanced than that.
Whether the club are actively passing tickets to the agency’s or simply turning a blind eye to them getting their hands on them I don’t know, either way City are to a greater or lesser extent complicit in it.

Personally I don’t care where people come from to watch us as long as they buy tickets through the official channels and meet what should be a more stringent criteria for the bigger games.

You said "Why do Newcastle fans support, sing, and create an atmosphere in all 4 of stands and we don’t, bar for the biggest games like Arsenal and Real Madrid last season?".

I pointed out that they are no different, and used the example of the recent cup game we played there. The same applied to the league game the season before too.

Nobody disagrees with the rest of your post which is just obfuscation.

I did? I'll go back and recheck my exact wording on the post.

This is part of what I posted in the post, if this is the part of the post you are referring to?

Why do Newcastle fans support, sing, and create an atmosphere in all 4 stands and we don’t, bar for the biggest games like Arsenal and Real Madrid last season?

I didn't post..... 'why can’t we be like Newcastle fans’, which you said I posted.

(In my opinion, Newcastle fans do give their team more support, more often, from four stands, than we give City from four stands.)

Again it's a matter of opinion. We'll never agree on that point, so let's agree to disagree, otherwise we will be going around in circles.

There is no denying our supporters in SSL1(mainly), 111, 110, 109 and SSL3 give great support as a rule. I would like the other supporters in other parts of the 4 stands to join in more often. That's all I'm saying. I don't think there's anything wrong with that fair and honest observation.

obfuscation

What I've been posting has been clear, to the point, and understandable.

Hopefully with a run of relatively easy home games coming up, goals, and wins, our home support will pickup again and get back to what it was last season and at the start of this season.

I'm looking forward to hearing our away support tonight, which we can all agree on is one of the best away supports in the PL. :-)

Last edited:
I did? I'll go back and recheck my exact wording on the post.

This is part of what I posted in the post, if this is the part of the post you are referring to?

Why do Newcastle fans support, sing, and create an atmosphere in all 4 stands and we don’t, bar for the biggest games like Arsenal and Real Madrid last season?

I didn't post..... 'why can’t we be like Newcastle fans’, which you said I posted.

(In my opinion, Newcastle fans do give their team more support, more often, from four stands, than we give City from four stands.)

Again it's a matter of opinion. We'll never agree on that point, so let's agree to disagree, otherwise we will be going around in circles.

There is no denying our supporters in SSL1(mainly), 111, 110, 109 and SSL3 give great support as a rule. I would like the other supporters in other parts of the 4 stands to join in more often. That's all I'm saying. I don't think there's anything wrong with that fair and honest observation.

What I've been posting has been clear, to the point, and understandable.

Hopefully with a run of relatively easy home games coming up, goals, and wins, our home support will pickup again and get back to what it was last season and at the start of this season.

I'm looking forward to hearing our away support tonight, which we can all agree on is one of the best away supports in the PL. :-)
Hope we've got daft inflatable champs league trophies...................not

Totally agree that the atmosphere was good at many games last season. And fantastic at games that mattered.

But this season has been dreadful.

Not been to one home game this season where I thought the atmosphere was anything but garbage.

The 3 x champs league and the big home league games against LFC and Spurs all crap.

Maybe it will improve as the season progresses - but it feels different this season. My block is all season ticket yet it’s full of international strangers with half and half’s every week.

From recollection I’ve never had to ask somebody to get out my seat in 30+ years of having a season ticket at Maine Road and the Etihad - this season I’ve had to tell an international friend to sling it 3 times this season already !!!

Now is the time the lads really need our support. There’s a load of hiding behind “tourists” and “corporate” excuses on here. If everyone who can, sang loud and proud, the Etihad would be rocking.

The atmosphere was good a lot of the time last season so the common denominator this season is complacency amongst our fan base. I know some of you want to blame the tram lol.

What is currently stopping the local fans who have season tickets from singing?

Forget about tourists, prices, etc, etc. if we want to improve the atmosphere, we need to understand why thousands (upon thousands) of people choose to be quieter than a mouse fart.

Pep demands noise, we all want it.

But, unfortunately, we have to accept that at least 50% of people just turn up to be entertained and not get involved.

I wonder what the average age of season ticket holders is...
The average age of season ticket holders is about 362 and most keep their season tickets because they watched years of utter dross and don't want to give up while we're winning. The football is their reward and they shout support rather than singing.
I'm 66 and spent 90 minutes at the swamp derby singing with everybody else, but it's often silent where I sit (north end of the East Stand) so I only join in when chants go round the ground. I have a great view but am considering moving to the expanded north stand to get more involved.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.