Atmosphere - 2023/24

• Thread starter Deleted member 77198
  • Start date
On 80 mins there was the first exodus. On 85 another. They needed our support right then. I am so fkin annoyed with our club when I see all those empty seats. What a shite day tbh. 2 hours to get there, only just got back and sat around silent fans for the match.

Correct. 80 fucking minutes! At least 15 minutes to go before the full time whistle and City fans are leaving.

You feel like an absolute dickhead if you dare try and sing in ESL3 or CBL3. It's almost a taboo which is weird. Not sure why people go to games, the atmosphere/chanting is part of the pull factor and excitement.

I find it strange. Im not trying to tell anyone how to support city, but how can vast numbers of people show no emotion at a football match. No cheering, singing, even a ‘come on city’ shout.

The game was 2-1 when the players needed out support more than ever and yet there’s thousands leaving, seemingly not bothered at all by the game.

Large sections of our match going support don’t seem to enjoy going to games at all.

What were the lights for at about 70 minutes? Pockets in the 3rd tiers holding their phones aloft with torches on?
Because for some these days its not a game of football, its a spectacle to record on your mobile phone, post selfies on Instagram or wave your shitty little light on the back of your phone like you're at a Taylor Swift concert.

wife: how’d the game go?

City fan: I dunno

Wife: What you mean you dunno

City fan: well I left on 82 mins we were 2-1 up not sure how it finished

Wife: why’d you do that? Why buy a ticket and look forward to it all week and then not stay to the end especially with the game in the balance

City fan: Eh I dunno, beat the traffic I suppose

I agree the other 3 stands aren’t contributing at all. You wouldn’t even know there were thousands of people in them.

It doesn’t matter if we are winning or needing a goal either. I’m sure most of the people in east stand level 3 or Colin bell level 3 are robots. Don’t think I’ve ever heard any noise from either stands.
They did a nice light show with their phones today to be fair……

I find it strange. Im not trying to tell anyone how to support city, but how can vast numbers of people show no emotion at a football match. No cheering, singing, even a ‘come on city’ shout.

The game was 2-1 when the players needed out support more than ever and yet there’s thousands leaving, seemingly not bothered at all by the game.

Large sections of our match going support don’t seem to enjoy going to games at all.

Because Soriano & Co are filling the Etihad full of tourists, day trippers, new, and casual City fans who have no emotional attachment to the club, as well as regular City fans who want to beat the traffic to get home early.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.