Atmosphere - 2023/24

• Thread starter Deleted member 77198
  • Start date
I get what you’re saying, but even when we scored there wasn’t much noise. I always hear how we are at our best when we are down and out, but at 2-1 huge amounts of people just got up and left. The players needed us and we offered nothing

Peps asking for more atmosphere, but as you say above the club are doing everything they can to fill the ground full of non city fans

100% Cheadle.

Soriano & Co have slowly but surely replaced the local legacy fans with corporate, tourists and day trippers.

At most grounds in Europe you have 3 of the 4 stands sat in Silence, because those 3 stands are full of coorperates/families/children/people who go to watch the game rather than sing. What we've got isn't any different to everyone else.

It's up to the singing section to sing, and the truth is that 80% of the people in SSL1 don't sing. It may sound good if you're in those blocks, but to the rest of the ground it sounds like a distant hum of noise
Oh it is different. We used to have 4 stands joining in supporting the team at different stages of the game or all together. Now we have one tier and two blocks.

The atmosphere this season has honestly been fucking awful. Even in the bigger games it’s flat as fuck. After palace’s first goal there wasn’t even a uplift from the fans to get behind the team it was quiet as anything. I’m in SS3 for reference

The atmosphere this season has honestly been fucking awful. Even in the bigger games it’s flat as fuck. After palace’s first goal there wasn’t even a uplift from the fans to get behind the team it was quiet as anything. I’m in SS3 for reference
You're mental what about every other side they're worse than us. Who you comparing us too what other home game you been too. You live in England or not or you so self absorbed you can't face reality

I get what you’re saying, but even when we scored there wasn’t much noise. I always hear how we are at our best when we are down and out, but at 2-1 huge amounts of people just got up and left. The players needed us and we offered nothing

Peps asking for more atmosphere, but as you say above the club are doing everything they can to fill the ground full of non city fans
Bang on.

There were a few empty seats today. No idea whether Pep noticed but I hope somebody from the playing staff calls out the commercial department over this during the week.

As I've said before the club need to decide what's more important, atmosphere or revenue. Right now, it feels like it's the latter.

At most grounds in Europe you have 3 of the 4 stands sat in Silence, because those 3 stands are full of coorperates/families/children/people who go to watch the game rather than sing. What we've got isn't any different to everyone else.

It's up to the singing section to sing, and the truth is that 80% of the people in SSL1 don't sing. It may sound good if you're in those blocks, but to the rest of the ground it sounds like a distant hum of noise

I agree more people in the south stand need to sing, but we can’t just rely on them. There’s another what 40,000 people around the rest of the ground. Why aren’t they singing or making any noise at all?

The rest of the ground used to join in and make noise. Even just cheering or shouting ‘come on city’. Why can’t other areas of the ground do that.

I agree more people in the south stand need to sing, but we can’t just rely on them. There’s another what 40,000 people around the rest of the ground. Why aren’t they singing or making any noise at all?

The rest of the ground used to join in and make noise. Even just cheering or shouting ‘come on city’. Why can’t other areas of the ground start a chant off?
Showing my age here but I remember at Maine Road the stands would chant at each other!! A bit of friendly goading to get each other going.

I’m not wearing blue-tinted glasses claiming everything was perfect at Maine Road by the way.

But fuck me, in most parts of the ground now people look at you like you’ve got 3 heads if you start singing.

Showing my age here but I remember at Maine Road the stands would chant at each other!! A bit of friendly goading to get each other going.

I’m not wearing blue-tinted glasses claiming everything was perfect at Maine Road by the way.

But fuck me, in most parts of the ground now people look at you like you’ve got 3 heads if you start singing.
Your username always cracks me up, it's a reminder for me to watch the Xmas special.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.