Atmosphere - 2023/24

• Thread starter Deleted member 77198
  • Start date

The former Barcelona supremo wants the club to play on its ties to the city’s culture and heritage as part of its quest to become “one of the most successful and sustainable football clubs in the world.”

And Soriano says that when seeking to raise City’s profile around the world, it is vital the club emphasises its Manchester roots. He said: “As we grow, the unique identity of Manchester must remain at the heart of our communication with potential supporters around the world.

“Football remains one of the few fields in which it is possible to be local and global at the same time. In fact, people demand it.

100% Cheadle.

Soriano & Co have slowly but surely replaced the local legacy fans with corporate, tourists and day trippers.
I’m loath to use them as an example but I had a good drink with an FC United fan once and his concept of the club was that they were against the gentrification of football.

I took him on and was “I understand why AFC Wimbledon formed” and said you shouldn’t / couldn’t change your favourite team. He saw them as a fans club and alternative too.

Reactions: jrb
As I've said before the club need to decide what's more important, atmosphere or revenue. Right now, it feels like it's the latter.

Bang on.

There were a few empty seats today. No idea whether Pep noticed but I hope somebody from the playing staff calls out the commercial department over this during the week.

As I've said before the club need to decide what's more important, atmosphere or revenue. Right now, it feels like it's the latter.

Cologne we're fined 600.000€ for The Atmosphere at The "Derby" against Mönchengladbach...

Showing my age here but I remember at Maine Road the stands would chant at each other!! A bit of friendly goading to get each other going.

I’m not wearing blue-tinted glasses claiming everything was perfect at Maine Road by the way.

But fuck me, in most parts of the ground now people look at you like you’ve got 3 heads if you start singing.
I still to this day don’t know why when it was a shit game we sang Celtic- Rangers at each other. Oddly enough I chanted both and I can’t stand the fuckers.

You're mental what about every other side they're worse than us. Who you comparing us too what other home game you been too. You live in England or not or you so self absorbed you can't face reality
I don’t give a fuck about other teams. It’s been shite.

lets be honest we will always be moaning about the atmosphere most weeks the only way to create an consistent atmosphere in modern football is the Ultra style which just isnt in our culture as of yet

Showing my age here but I remember at Maine Road the stands would chant at each other!! A bit of friendly goading to get each other going.

I’m not wearing blue-tinted glasses claiming everything was perfect at Maine Road by the way.

But fuck me, in most parts of the ground now people look at you like you’ve got 3 heads if you start singing.
Maine Road was hardly a bear-pit.

Who the f*ck has started turning their phone torches on , there were a few at the Palace game shining thier f*cking phones in the 2nd half , even the Palace fans sung "what the fucking hell is that" , whoever was doing it your an absolute wanker , your not at a Robbie Williams concert singing Angels , its a fucking football match so jack it in.
Our support takes enough shit and shining f*cking phones is just giving them more ammunition , if you wanna act like your at a pop concert buy a ticket for one, not a football match, tossers.
If anyone is in the vicinity of these sad bastards tell them to stop it.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.