Atmosphere - 2023/24

• Thread starter Deleted member 77198
  • Start date
I don’t see their managers asking for fans to turn up
To be honest Pep would do the same (criticize the fans occasionally) if he worked at any other PL club. I think it's part of the Pep package (to take some heat from the team and put it on fans when things don't go well) and rival fans mocking us for it are deluded if they truly think he wouldn't do the same to them. He thinks he is bigger than any club (ours included) and acts accordingly.

The only time I thought that torch thing was amusing was when Celtic did it at the etihsd to show where all the away fans were in the home end - all other times just embarrassing

Maine Road was hardly a bear-pit.
Maine Road was a cauldron at times with an electric atmosphere the Kippax was immense on its day. Sadly you are right. A lot of the time the team was absolutely garbage and we put up with that for a long time and we never had anything to shout about. The Kippax even when we were shit got up and produced amazing atmosphere to try lift the the dross we were being served. Any glimmer of hope and we’d hope and hang onto it. The Kippax singing passionately a lot of the time “ we’re shit and we’re sick of it” I always dream about a full standing Kippax watching this amazing team now. That would take your breath away for sure . Louder than any kop for sure .

Showing my age here but I remember at Maine Road the stands would chant at each other!! A bit of friendly goading to get each other going.

I’m not wearing blue-tinted glasses claiming everything was perfect at Maine Road by the way.

But fuck me, in most parts of the ground now people look at you like you’ve got 3 heads if you start singing.
I remember those days fondly. Even when we were really shit we tried and didn’t have much to sing about at all.read my post about the Kippax

I mentioned earlier about doing the legends lounge today as a xmas treat, we also did the pre pitch tour.

I have never felt so out of place in all my life. It was full of tourists and school trips, yes I should have expected that but the sheer numbers surprised me.

We did the treble and so many people want to come and see us. I think the club has sacrificed us loyal fans who just buy a pint and a ticket, in place of the tourists who spend hundreds of ££.

I'm not liking what I'm see this season. We now prefer to go to away matches only but it's been impossible this season to get any.

Us grassroots fans and us FOC arent wanted now, it's the more middle class and tourist.

I hate saying this as City is in my blood since 1960, as I said earlier every time I go to the Etihad abit of me becomes less enjoyable.

Sitting in the premier inn now, I'm not angry about the result so much, more confused about my lack of enjoyment of attending matches.

I so wanted to enjoy my treat but I think it just showed me the future of football and I didnt like it.

And as for turning on your phone touch that can fuck right off
You sound a right FOC...football has changed, the world has changed, yes we won the treble, we have new fans, great!! Stop fucking moaning !!!

We don't deserve this team. We really don't. It's like 35000 Barry Manilow fans watching the best team we're ever going to see.The Colin Bell and the East stand look like they could not give a fuck.
To quote Blur. When the days, they seem to fall through you. Well, just let them go.

Completely wrong. I went to see Barry a few years ago at the Arena. It was much louder than the Etihad today.

I’m guessing there were 40,000 old school blues there today. Most couldn’t give a shit. Once again, when the twelfth man was needed he didn’t show up. Shame as it might have made the difference, the same as Tottenham and Liverpool.

No doubt the silent fans on here will blame the tourists.

100% Cheadle.

Soriano & Co have slowly but surely replaced the local legacy fans with corporate, tourists and day trippers.
Bullshit, you could still buy a ticket today, and if you're a season ticket holder and you gave it up tough shit, this excuse about tourists and day trippers is absolute bollocks, its the City fans in the stadium (local, die hards, legacy fans whatever you want to call them) who sit there like fucking statues, no singing fuck all, that's a lot of City fans...absolute apathy...

Bullshit, you could still buy a ticket today, and if you're a season ticket holder and you gave it up tough shit, this excuse about tourists and day trippers is absolute bollocks, its the City fans in the stadium (local, die hards, legacy fans whatever you want to call them) who sit there like fucking statues, no singing fuck all, that's a lot of City fans...absolute apathy...

Completely true. Silent and lazy unless we get three nil up. Pathetic

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.