Atmosphere - 2023/24

• Thread starter Deleted member 77198
  • Start date
You got me intrigued now for what it costs us (me and four kids with season tickets)

Tickets £1250/19 = £66
Fuel - £80
Food and drink £30 (KFC on the way home, don’t buy anything in or around the ground)
Parking - £10

So £184 a home game. Times 19 that’s £3496 a season for league games. Throw in 4/5 cup games too…

Best hope my wife never reads this.
It's a bloody expensive hobby!

Absolutely love the guy, and he's no doubt a football genius but another not so subtle dig on TV regarding difference in away/home atmospheres...hmm I don't know might have something to do with far more affordable £30 tickets, more tickets for vocal younger fans, safe standing etc. Bit of a tip Pep, might be worth mentioning to the board upstairs they have more influence on these things

I was going to put great, but I almost expect them to be that loud.

Judging off the away fans we get at the Etihad I think we're without doubt the best away fans in the Premier League.
We can be, just depends how many tourists we get turning up who don't know our songs. Last night was as loud as I've heard in a long time and it certainly lifted the team. A big thanks to those that turned up.

Absolutely love the guy, and he's no doubt a football genius but another not so subtle dig on TV regarding difference in away/home atmospheres...hmm I don't know might have something to do with far more affordable £30 tickets, more tickets for vocal younger fans, safe standing etc. Bit of a tip Pep, might be worth mentioning to the board upstairs they have more influence on these things
I think you could hear/read it as a dig
Alternatively I chose to understand it to mean our away support last night was magnificent
Could spin it either way tbh

If there’s one good thing you can say about that decrepit, old, cramped wooden stand, it’s that it helps to facilitate a good atmosphere.

And City fans were on top form last night.

But, Jesus, I’m amazed they can still get a safety certificate for that ground.

Pep can slag our home atmosphere as much as he likes but it is much better than that at his previous clubs of Bayern and Barcelona which are the ultimate tourist plastic fanbases. Those stadiums were even quiet when we played them in the Champions League. The Nou Camp was noisier for the Joan Gamper match because lots of locals attended with cheap tickets. The Etihad atmosphere is the same as the rest of the PL which means it is only rocking for the biggest games. That's just the way modern football is these days.

We can be, just depends how many tourists we get turning up who don't know our songs. Last night was as loud as I've heard in a long time and it certainly lifted the team. A big thanks to those that turned up.

It's a shame the club don't understand the correlation of this or care enough about it for it to matter to them. We can argue about the impact of this policy for games at the Etihad until the cows come home, but with the limited amount of tickets available for away games there can't be much benefit for the club to not release all those tickets to more deserving blues. You can see how much Pep and the players appreciate it. Seems a completely unnecessary own goal.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.