Atmosphere - 2023/24

• Thread starter Deleted member 77198
  • Start date
The only time I’ve seen some fun there was palace away last game of the season a few years ago, Wimbledon away in the fa cup was ok , both good turnouts.
Especially when Chelsea turned up outside Plough Lane whilst the match was on. Or was it Millwall? I think it was Chelsea?

The crowd would be too worried that he’d get injured again, especially going in for a tackle. Gasps, followed by hushed silence and prayers.
This is all football in the not too distant future

Reactions: jrb
Especially when Chelsea turned up outside Plough Lane whilst the match was on. Or was it Millwall? I think it was Chelsea?
Seem to remember a load of Chelsea fans turned up outside Plough Lane when we were away at Wimbledon first game of 84/85 season. There had been quite a bit of trouble when we played them at Maine Road at the end of the previous season from memory, Chelsea had got promoted back to the 1st Division and we were still in the 2nd Division so we didn't play them in the league, so they were obviously missing us and wanted a bit of a 'catch up'
This was pre games on sky etc...so I think they must have had an early kick off so the pubs weren't open before they kicked off (theoretically making them less likely to actually 'kick off'). Chelsea fans had a fairly sizeable nasty element back then and I seem to remember a number of their games were early kick off for this reason.

Seem to remember a load of Chelsea fans turned up outside Plough Lane when we were away at Wimbledon first game of 84/alaaeeeaagkedkkkrked w hall adoyooith was85 season. There had been quite a bit of trouble when we played them at Maine Road at the end of the previous season from memory, Chelsea had got promoted back to the 1st Division and we were still in the 2nd Division so we didn't play them in the league, so they were obviously missing us and wanted a bit of a 'catch up'yo
This was pre games on sky etc...so I think they must have had an early kick off so the pubs weren't open before they kicked off (theoretically making them less likely to actually 'kick off'). Chelsea fans had a fairly sizeable nasty element back then and I seem to remember a number of their games were early kick off for this reason.
A lad i worked with was a real Chelsea Chelsea boy, he had been to Arsenal that day for the early kick off. He said that word went round to get to Wimbledon and confront City. He said they had totally underestimated City's firm and got smacked senseless. He himself got a right kicking and got his designer gear wrecked, but he had an attitude of you win some but lose some. Wasn't there myself but my brother was in the thick of it, so got an account of the battle from both sides.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.