Atmosphere - 2023/24

• Thread starter Deleted member 77198
  • Start date
Really enjoyed last night our away support is second to none

Echo this..top atmosphere last night especially with the extended “follow you everywhere” rendition during the mid game lino’s comms tech break.

Spoke to a few Spuds fans last night who were shocked & impressed with our sizeable following & noise.

Must say the concourse mid tier @ WHL was surprisingly pokey but loads of Blues behaved themselves & great chatting to some all in good spirits & this was before we scored the winner.

That walk back from the ground to Seven Sisters underground station - soul destroying!

Didn’t witness any grief last night which was a testament to our following. Even though there was one mouthy Spuds fan at the station who starting going on about not able to fill the Etihad…he quickly realised he was surrounded by loads of Blues & kept the rest of his thoughts to himself.

I have a scan over social media after an away day. Other supporters are generally complimentary about our away support, but it’s staggering how bad the takes are on our home atmosphere. Granted, we know ourselves it could be better, but fans of other clubs genuinely talk through their arse like atmospheres are better at their own grounds. Today and most weeks the OT atmosphere is poor, same goes for Anfield, Chelsea, even Villa and Newcastle are always built up to be some cauldrons of passion yet they’re no better than the Etihad. It pisses me off how this has reached mythical proportions now, just like the empty seats myth which social media simpletons still peddle as fact.
Makes me laugh when you hear away fans who have been to the etihad..with a full house say ''plastics, got no fans'' yet they have sat in a ground full to capacity with over 50 k ..mental ...social meedia narratives have actually taken over peoples minds...making them doubt what they have witnessed with their own minds

I think there’s 2 parts of an atmosphere (1) the singing, which we are ok at (2) the general crowd noise. It’s that second point we are let down at - half the crowd don’t even shout, so places like wolves and forest everyone shouts for a pen or a free kick, at the Etihad if we all shouted more we’d get more
Exactly, some clubs shout a lot for pens, free kicks...one club screetches for throw ins even!! (guess who? screetching should be the give away)

Makes me laugh when you hear away fans who have been to the etihad..with a full house say ''plastics, got no fans'' yet they have sat in a ground full to capacity with over 50 k ..mental ...social meedia narratives have actually taken over peoples minds...making them doubt what they have witnessed with their own minds

The problem is, the 1000+ away fans in SSL3, which is the largest and most vocal away section at the Etihad, can’t hear the SSL1 singing section and blocks 111, 110 and 109. All they can hear is the singing and noise coming from SSL3. Yet, if you were to ask away fans who are in the SSL1 away section between the SSL1 singing section and blocks 111, 110 and 109, they would tell you the atmosphere as a rule is pretty decent and they can hear City fans singing either side of them.

Incredible atmosphere where I was in the middle tier, when all three tiers were singing in unison it was amazing but definitely a disconnect at times.

Home End was horrendous, could hear a pin drop most of the game.
Was rocking in the middle tier. No voice left today. Been a long time since I've enjoyed an away trip as good as that!!

Newcastle have only took 3000 fans to Fulham tonight.

And they are singing the Champions again ole, ole, ole, tune. Can’t make out the words.
I think the current capacity at Fulham would limit them to around 3,500. It should be up to 4,500 for FA Cup games when the new stand is completed.

Clearly 3000 to London from the north east on a Saturday is much better than 9000 from the north west on a Friday. I know this because I watched itv last night
I wouldn't worry what ITV say pal. Newcastle always sell out their allocation and every game they play is a minimum 4 hour round trip. Burnley is their closest game then us which is 145 miles away. And they have had some horrendous away fixture KO times so fair play to them travelling in the numbers they do.

I wouldn't worry what ITV say pal. Newcastle always sell out their allocation and every game they play is a minimum 4 hour round trip. Burnley is their closest game then us which is 145 miles away. And they have had some horrendous away fixture KO times so fair play to them travelling in the numbers they do.
I agree mate, they are a lot better fans than our fans give them credit for. However our fans are a fucking lot better than the media gives us credit for. They hate the club and therefore they hate the fans, and their more or less refusal (Sky bt itv and bbc) to show us celebrating or give us any credit is utterly fucking pathetic. And it hadn’t always been like that, they used to love us and respect our loyalty, when we were shit. The issue is the media, not the bar codes

I agree mate, they are a lot better fans than our fans give them credit for. However our fans are a fucking lot better than the media gives us credit for. They hate the club and therefore they hate the fans, and their more or less refusal (Sky bt itv and bbc) to show us celebrating or give us any credit is utterly fucking pathetic. And it hadn’t always been like that, they used to love us and respect our loyalty, when we were shit. The issue is the media, not the bar codes
I try not to let what the media think of us bother me. We know who we are and where we've come from. And if they get their wish to see us relegated we'll fill every away ground we play in. Fuck em.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.